Need to water when away

• Thread starter Mazzdog66
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mazzdog66

Mazzdog66

I’m going away for 5-days. Any DIY tips on how to water when away? How about a baggie to act like a terrarium?

Need to water when away
Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

I’m going away for 5-days. Any DIY tips on how to water when away? How about a baggie to act like a terrarium?
Do you have a hydroponic store near because you could just go buy a real simple drip system.

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

They have halos that go around your plant that hook up to the nutrient reservoir which would be a 5 gallon bucket or whatever and put it on a timer. It would cost you probably 20 bucks for all of it

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

Ty for responding. Unfortunately I don’t, I live in the middle of nowhere
How long till you're leaving? Amazon will have it to your house in a couple days and probably way cheaper than the hydro store

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

Yes that is it, you will need to get the pump for it though

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

Thank you very much. I’m ordering the one you recommended
I'm glad I could help, that thing should do the trick and now you can leave whenever you want and never have to worry about it again. I grow in hydro with bubbling nutrients so I have to make sure everything is properly working when I leave home also.

PooToe

PooToe

Are you watering the seed pops in the solos? You shouldn't need to water them for 3 - 4 days. An extra day won't hurt them. If you're worried I'd put a humidifier on a timer for them and keep the air moist. You sprouts should be fine.

Save your money and buy a real automatic irrigation system for when your plants get bigger. Look at companies like The Bucket Company or FloraFlex for ideas to build an auto irrigation system.

ReallyOldDude

ReallyOldDude

Five days you're OK in a dome propagator for babies ... it does a good job keeping water in. Beyond 5 days you have to start worrying about mold but propagators have vents I would keep open.

I have a cheap USB + batery drip for household plants that works surprisingly well for 4 mother pants. I have a second biger one, phone cntrolled, I haven't used yet as not needed and other does trick ... but these little thing can be lifesavers for sure.

Mazzdog66

Mazzdog66

Five days you're OK in a dome propagator for babies ... it does a good job keeping water in. Beyond 5 days you have to start worrying about mold but propagators have vents I would keep open.

I have a cheap USB + batery drip for household plants that works surprisingly well for 4 mother pants. I have a second biger one, phone cntrolled, I haven't used yet as not needed and other does trick ... but these little thing can be lifesavers for sure.
Ty, I appreciate it

Latest posts

Top Bottom