Need Your Opinion, 4 Oz Yielder???

• Thread starter Kaurion
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kaurion

Sup guys, im new here and this is my very first grow. I have barney's Farm Blue Cheese with a 400 watt hps in a 3 gal pot fed with 9-6-2 NPK nutes with a two month veg period. The plant is roughly 2 feet tall fimmed once with 4 tops and Lst'd with 4 strong lower branches not yet flipped to flower. Im really hoping for atleast 4 ounces on it. Any guesses? Ps. I know my grow conditions arent optimal because i cant afford fancy c02 pumps and stuff....soooo yea. I attached some pic below

Need your opinion 4 oz yielder
Need your opinion 4 oz yielder 2
Need your opinion 4 oz yielder 3
Need your opinion 4 oz yielder 4
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Should try to flatten out that mylar to get maximum efficiency. Also, you provided far too little details. What medium are you in? You plant looks healthy for sure, so you're on the right path. 4 zips doesn't sound unreasonable to me but I would get a few more tops going before flip. Plenty of info around here for you to learn anything and everything you need to know, this topic has been discussed countless times. No one can say for sure what your yield will be off that one plant, especially without knowing the most finite details you can provide. Even then, yield can be ball parked but you never know until you pass the finish line. Happy growing and good luck!

One Love,
tobh

Bannacis

Bannacis

Try tying some branches down, spread her out some. allows more light to penetrate into lower branches.
she looks thick and healthy, just needs more training to spread branches horizontally.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Genetics and phenotypes aside, I agree with the above, generally will need a nice and bushy plant to get more yield. A little extra veg time goes a long way on the end.

I also agree, take the top (four?) main branches and tie them down to the same level as the lower main branches.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

my response to yield questions is always the same....its light X space...

so if you got a 400w light, it fills say a 3x3 foot area? to get maximum use and efficiency out of the 4oow light, you need to fill this 3x3 space...regardless whether you got 1 plant or 100 plants...its about floor space, the amount f light you got and the amount of space that bulb will cover....

Bannacis

Bannacis

Pretty much on the head Joe, a good reflector will help with that coverage. 4 nice size plants in a 3x3 in 5-7 gal pots...trained right...bingo
but plants beyond the 3 ft mark will also thrive, specially if you rotate. now if your reflector reaches the side walls, there is nothing that shouldn't keep you from having some small plants hanging. or better yet create a trellis on the side walls going vertically. then any stretchy plants you can have them climb up it and tie em as they go.
But the strain type and how you grow, s/cropping, lst, scrog... and how well you got your room dialed in.
has a lot to do with getting your max "not out of the bulb" ...but "out of your plants"
Grow it like ya know it.......

J

jeff1962

Unless that plant is vegged more u wont get 1 Ounce .I have 5 footers with large colas and im lucky to get 3 ounces with 2 1000 watters.if ur looking for more weight then u should put 4 plants under a 400watt light..

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

Unless that plant is vegged more u wont get 1 Ounce .I have 5 footers with large colas and im lucky to get 3 ounces with 2 1000 watters.if ur looking for more weight then u should put 4 plants under a 400watt light..
if you got 2kw and have issues getting 3 oz...maybe you should stop growing, it might be cheaper for ya to buy some weed instead, lol...

seriously all jokes aside, with 2kw you should not be getting under 2#

Bannacis

Bannacis

I agree on what Joe says,(about more yield). with 2kw...
I had two 150watt hps in a 4x4. with 4 plants in 5 gal pots. With a good veg time, and conditions with training. I got 9 oz,
So 2kw of light is banging it out, so a much bigger yield it should be.

H

happy b

my response to yield questions is always the same....its light X space...

so if you got a 400w light, it fills say a 3x3 foot area? to get maximum use and efficiency out of the 4oow light, you need to fill this 3x3 space...regardless whether you got 1 plant or 100 plants...its about floor space, the amount f light you got and the amount of space that bulb will cover....
Exactamoondo.
but for a first time dont aim for a particular amount except "as much as possible".just grow it outasbest you can and try and use up as much light as you can by tieing down branches into place and bendi g em into place ect and veg em out a bit morebefore flip to maximise yeilds but i wouldnt totally rely on a certain amount as ANYTHING can happen between now and harvest and a 4 oz plant ,though not an unreasonable expectation for someone with experience,for a first time i think you may be expecting a bit too much (always expect the worste and youl never be dissapointed.. wish you good luck And hope you acheive what your after.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jeff1962

if you got 2kw and have issues getting 3 oz...maybe you should stop growing, it might be cheaper for ya to buy some weed instead, lol...

seriously all jokes aside, with 2kw you should not be getting under 2#
With 2 k im hitting 3lbs. Every 10 weeks ..im not bragging because I know I can get more, I get 3ounces per plant with a 30 day veg..boy your about full of crap if u think that small plant in that picture is going to get 4 ounces...

Calixylon

Calixylon

Yea that little girl is nowhere near 4 oz, id say you may get a 1/2 oz if you train her properly. Why dont you go buy a 5 gallon pot, transplant her, let her veg prefrebly under some T5's for a month or two, then when you flower her under that 400 watter if you scrog and train her right, she will most likely hit 4 zips if not more.

Honestly you say your a new grower, stop worrying about weight and yield. You will most likely still be buying cannabis until your growing skills have gotten better, everytime i see people trying to cut corners to get big yields stop growing after a few runs. Most likely becasue they set expectations like achieving a 1/4 pound of there first ever plant. Its unrealistic and will only dissapoint you. Just grow and germinate as many seeds as you can fit, kill some plants, get your hands dirty, and dont be pissed when your little terra cotta potted plant only throws a 1/4 ounce, the big yields and skills will come with time and experience. Dont give up and dont take all advice 100 percent, the internets filled with techniques and teachings but seriously dosent mean shit unless youve done it yourself.

Dont be discouraged from some of the posts, my best advice is to just lurk lurk and more lurking on as much information as you can take in. Start up some PM with people who are growing how you would like to grow, and ask for some advice. But be careful with asking before doing resaerch, people will flame you for not doing your homework, and give up on trying to help you out if you always have questions that are easily awnsered.

PS your light years from a CO2 system, thinking about a sealed room with CO2 and pulling max yields are gonna cause you to flounder. This plant wants to grow, and you can make your grow as simple or as complicated as possible, but that will all come with time if you stick with it. For now just remember to water them, and give em some food, and enjoy growing the most unique, beneficial substance ever created by our goood lord(Thank you Baby Jesus!! hah jk) but sort of serious.

H

happy b

With 2 k im hitting 3lbs. Every 10 weeks ..im not bragging because I know I can get more, I get 3ounces per plant with a 30 day veg..boy your about full of crap if u think that small plant in that picture is going to get 4 ounces...
He,s not "full of crap" as you say jeff,the guys just inexpereinced is all.lets not start slaging off someone for trying.i had absolouteley no idea what i was doing when i first started and i think everyone expects too much when they first start,i know i did. and iv seen inexperienced growers grow in a big bedroom with 4 x 600 w lights and about 5 plants in 2 gallon containers of soil and not one of em would have yeilded more than an ounce.i tried to explain that they should have a room full with the lights they had and told em what they were looking at yeild wise......they actually LAUGHED at me.lol.daft bastards.you cant contend with totally ignorant though.(im not suggesting anyone here is ignorant.just those fools.)i told my freind who took me ther."they dont even know me and theyv took me in and shown me theyr grow.theyr gonni get caught."they got busted about a month later after showing half the town.lol.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

He,s not "full of crap" as you say jeff,the guys just inexpereinced is all.lets not start slaging off someone for trying.i had absolouteley no idea what i was doing when i first started and i think everyone expects too much when they first start,i know i did. and iv seen inexperienced growers grow in a big bedroom with 4 x 600 w lights and about 5 plants in 2 gallon containers of soil and not one of em would have yeilded more than an ounce.i tried to explain that they should have a room full with the lights they had and told em what they were looking at yeild wise......they actually LAUGHED at me.lol.daft bastards.you cant contend with totally ignorant though.(im not suggesting anyone here is ignorant.just those fools.)i told my freind who took me ther."they dont even know me and theyv took me in and shown me theyr grow.theyr gonni get caught."they got busted about a month later after showing half the town.lol.
nah happy...he is calling me inexperienced :rolleyes: lol i dont think he actually read my posts

Bannacis

Bannacis

Its all good here, nobody is stompin on anybody. Its all good advice they are giving, Calixylon and happy b are spot on...
Keep it simple, don't try to max everything... Less is more...so to say
Get some marijuana grow books, read all you can. and remember as much about basics as you can, also learn terminology to help get your point across when you do ask questions. And as Jeff said, be careful on what info to believe... read multiple post on topic and determine which is the more reliable answer.
And peeps will knock ya down if ya asking basic easy to find answers to your questions. also if you don't give enough info on your grow room set up.

Not everything will work for others, no matter how hard they try to convince you that this is the right way. In every stage from seeding out to harvesting, people will have a different way of doing it. because Everybody is different, Every location is different, Every grow set up is different, Every strain is different, and the Weather is different...so you have these many variations to deal with. You have to filter thru them all and pick out what works for you.
Sometimes when you try to hard you can lose ground, and you get upset wise... Well your plant can sense when you are stressed or giving off bad vibes and they will suffer from it too. When you're in your room try to be in best mood possible, talk to your plants, sing to em...make it a happy environment and they will reward you for it.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Yea I agree with the gram per watt thing, once your hitting those stats you can officially pat yourself on the back because hitting any higher numbers indoors means that you have serious fucking skills

H

happy b

[QUOTE="Calixylon, post: and enjoy growing the most unique, beneficial substance ever created by our goood lord(Thank you Baby Jesus!! hah jk) but sort of serious.[/QUOTE]
lmfao.i know,i want to say "i dont beleive in god!" but then i think "what if he hears you?" That gets me thinking "if you think hes going to hear you then you beleive he exists you twanger." But the other part of me knows its bs.....but is it?lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom