Needs To Be Not Sticky To The Touch At Room Temp!!

• Thread starter db111
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
db111

db111

Hello every one out there!! I am new to the board and was just trying to get a handle on how to get some top notch stuff. we have 4 1lb tubes we blast with and definitely have our methods we use already. "open to suggestions!" We usually blast a tube at a time and have been putting two tubes of product in the same casserole dish then transferred to parchment paper. oven is at 120 and we let it run with the pump on for 24hrs. but we do this in stages bc the oven is in the flower room so we take it out and drop it in the freezer until the next day where we run it for x amount of hours. My over all concern is how to get it to where you can touch it at room temp and it not stick to your fingers. I mean the product is always dope bc it top quality indoor trim, but if you leave it at room temp or even pull it out of the freezer it sticky. I have to get a way from that. any advice?

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

Sticky?? To me that means trichomes are bursting.. Is it molding??
Hows the smell??

Welcome to the farm

db111

db111

smells awesome, and it is wafering out on the edges, but the center is too thick. last night we spread everything out so it could cure better, dropped it in the oven probably an hour ago. Trichomes bursting, huh. how do I avoid that? less heat maybe?

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

What you are doing is something new to me.. Sounds to me you are quick drying your pot..
But sticky is something you encounter when they are very ripe.. Sticky is a good thing to most growers..
If no mold is present you are good.. Please excuse me but curing takes weeks to months,, and is usually a good thing..
Mostly done in glass jars after your buds are properly dried..

db111

db111

right on, no this is indoor trim that I am blasting, and I am trying to get it to be touchable at room temp. Besides that the product is awesome just sticky. I think that I should have let the trim dry out more before I ran it but everyone always says the fresher the better when making shatter, crumble ect...

db111

db111

http://invalid.com/4dumae1c
this is some that we can handle with ease. just trying to figure out how to get that every time!!

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
What you are doing is something new to me.. Sounds to me you are quick drying your pot..
But sticky is something you encounter when they are very ripe.. Sticky is a good thing to most growers..
If no mold is present you are good.. Please excuse me but curing takes weeks to months,, and is usually a good thing..
Mostly done in glass jars after your buds are properly dried..
He's taking about extraction using butane. And how to get the consistency to a point where it isn't sticky to the touch. It's not buds he's curing.
Peace

Thcprincess

Thcprincess

When putting in oven, what do u have it contained in??.. A vac chamber??.. And if so?... R u double boiling in water or just dry??..

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Try lowering your temp to between 110°and 115°F for the first purge. The second purge I like to heat it up to 115 and then let it cool under vac.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

The higher the temp you purge at the runnier your product will be, the heat purge just softens it so the butane bubbles can come out easier. What I do is heat up a ceramic dish to the temp I want and then put the bho on the dish and stir it while maintaining the temp with a hair dryer from the bottom of the dish. After I stir it to a shiny airated consistancy I put it under vac and let it cool to room temp. Then your problem is getting it off the dish, winterizing with ethanol makes it easier but takes away from the taste while making it more potent.

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

20150529 193643
I tried fresh frozen and got more sap. Bone bone dry . I don't got a vac so I hot water purge . And stable . If the trim has more sugar leaf or leaf , get more fats an lipids. What if u never put in freezer. Moisture I found from fresh frozen was a a reason IMO. Good luck. 420lyfe PpP peace and good vibes . Instead of putting in the freezer. I was told to let sit covered by cheese cloth. ? Just a thought.

Top Bottom