Neem Oil & Azamaz

• Thread starter Diane11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Diane11

Diane11

Hey guys!! Hope all is well. Happy Sunday!.... So I've been researching how to get rid of the tiny pests that I believe to be mites. Now, I've read that some people will use Neem oil one week, and 7-10 days later use Azamax on it to "confuse" the insect in case it became immune to the Neem oil. Seems to makes sense to me, is this something you guys do? Or care to share an effective way to make me feel comfy in my grow room again. I want every single one GONE! Thanks in advance :)

Blaze

Blaze

Both contain the same active ingredient Azadirachtin, but the Azamax is in a more concentrated form. If you do indeed have mites you will need to spray them more than once a week, preferably every 3 days.

It is indeed a good idea to alternate miticides as mites will develop a resistance to any chemical. As a general rule of thumb you should never apply the same miticide more than once or twice in a row. Pyrethrin based sprays can stimulate the mites reproductive cycle, so avoid them There are many pyrethrin based sprays and foggers like Dr. Doom that are incorrectly marketed to be used on mites even though they are not effectice (they work fine for other pests though). Same goes with organophosphate and carbamate based sprays - they will only make the infestation worse in the long run and should not be used.

Insecticidal soaps and narrow range oils like Neem, Stylet, and Rosemary can all knock them back, as can dusting with Diamataceous Earth (DE). Mites cannot develop resistance to Stylet Oil and DE since they kill physically, not chemically. Unfortunately mites are very difficult to get rid of with organic methods once a population is established.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

If it's available in your area I suggest mighty wash. Spray every 3 days until the mites are gone, then once more for good measure. Make sure you focus your efforts on the undersides of the leafs, where the mites mostly reside, but spray the entire plant.

Diane11

Diane11

Both contain the same active ingredient Azadirachtin, but the Azamax is in a more concentrated form. If you do indeed have mites you will need to spray them more than once a week, preferably every 3 days.

It is indeed a good idea to alternate miticides as mites will develop a resistance to any chemical. As a general rule of thumb you should never apply the same miticide more than once or twice in a row. Pyrethrin based sprays can stimulate the mites reproductive cycle, so avoid them There are many pyrethrin based sprays and foggers like Dr. Doom that are incorrectly marketed to be used on mites even though they are not effectice (they work fine for other pests though). Same goes with organophosphate and carbamate based sprays - they will only make the infestation worse in the long run and should not be used.

Insecticidal soaps and narrow range oils like Neem, Stylet, and Rosemary can all knock them back, as can dusting with Diamataceous Earth (DE). Mites cannot develop resistance to Stylet Oil and DE since they kill physically, not chemically. Unfortunately mites are very difficult to get rid of with organic methods once a population is established.
Great info!! I will for sure alternate! I definitely can't handle an infestation! Tbh, I'd be freaked out Hahaa. And this is great, I wasn't going to give another treatment until the 7th day, however, tomorrow is actually day 4 since I gave it a Neem treatment so I will definitely be treating again tomorrow then with the Azamax since it's stronger.
There are different opinions as well on as to how much of this is done once their in flowering and their in the 2nd week. I hope I don't have to do it much more after this. Thank you!! Taking this advice for sure :)

Diane11

Diane11

If it's available in your area I suggest mighty wash. Spray every 3 days until the mites are gone, then once more for good measure. Make sure you focus your efforts on the undersides of the leafs, where the mites mostly reside, but spray the entire plant.
Mighty wash. I'll have to look and see if it's avail around here. Ok so every 3 days it is! Thanks so much!! I obviously am one that gets the heeby jeebies! Lol

Top Bottom