Neem oil did a number on my plants

• Thread starter Idhp08
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Idhp08

Idhp08

I had spider mites I was using alcohol and peroxide as h2o mix which was working wonders but it never got rid of the pest so I decided to become an exterminator over the past couple days with neem oil I knew for sure this would do the trick so I drenched the plants with the stuff like I thought woke up the next morning and boom! Alll hope is lost!

Neem oil did a number on my plants
Neem oil did a number on my plants 2
Neem oil did a number on my plants 3
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Wash them. Quick. It may be too late. The oil coats the leaves and the plant can't breathe.
Get some clean water and paper towel and gently wipe each leaf cleaning the oil off.

mancorn

mancorn

Thinking you had too high of a concentration, no emulsifier, or sprayed with lights on? Another problem can be that the water (or neem) is cold, which doesn’t allow the neem to disperse evenly in your mixture and you get waxy clumps.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I know how it feels, I did that to 2 outdoor plants back in 2012, sprayed during the day and it 'cooked' the plants. That sucks, hope they rebound from this but I don't know.

TheShortAnswer

TheShortAnswer

I wouldn't use neem oil during flower; veg is fine. I would find another option to correct the issue during flower. Sorry, I know this doesn't help the current problem at hand.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
it’s a tent take the hose in there and spray soak them down.,
what strength was the peroxide? you can go as high as 8-10% strength, it should kill most and it’s definitely killing their eggs etc.,

Sparky1980

Sparky1980

I know how it feels, I did that to 2 outdoor plants back in 2012, sprayed during the day and it 'cooked' the plants. That sucks, hope they rebound from this but I don't know.
Me too. Cooked some outdoors with the neem by spraying when sun was out. Never again! I've found that Capt. Jack's dead bug spinosad powder works wonders in place of neem. The leafhoppers hate it, lol.

Top Bottom