Neem oil in my wife's oil diffuser for aphids ????

• Thread starter mjab702
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mjab702

mjab702

Has anyone tried using an essential oil diffuser to distribute neem oil for aphids in a grow tent.....any flaws in my plan?????

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I don't know if this is a bad idea or not, but it seems like it is.

Neem oil is nasty stuff. It can't be good for you to inhale the stuff. But is vaporized neem oil even effective? Will the aphids catch a case of the vapors and fall off the plants? Will vapor cause eye and nose irritation on you? worse?

Aphids, on the other hand, can be killed with mild detergent solutions, mild ascetic acid solutions and just about any other pesticide ever made. Why not try one of them before experimenting with a noxious chemical?

Ponky

Ponky

Don't do it. Neem oil is a banned substance now in canada. Heating it creates carcinogens. Canola oil based products work. But I don't like what they do to plants.

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Just buy a box of lady bugs from Amazon and let them free in your garden. If it doesn’t work at least it would look cool 😂

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Take a look at OrganiShield

mjab702

mjab702

Just buy a box of lady bugs from Amazon and let them free in your garden. If it doesn’t work at least it would look cool 😂
1500 ladybugs later.......they knocked them downm,just not all of them

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

1500 ladybugs later.......they knocked them downm,just not all of them
But it would look so cool and put a smile on your face or at least it would put one on mine if I saw that many all over my plants haha

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

No...I really put 1500 ladybugs on 4 plants..They got rid of a lot...but I believe they formed a truce towards the end.
That’s funny, they must have gotten tired of eating the same thing. Yeah I attempted to use lady bugs years back but I think I cooked them under all my hps bulbs bc they all died fairly quickly and I still had a pest problem 😂 but it still was super cool to see all of them all over my plants

Latest posts

Top Bottom