Neem oil soil drench to treat septoria

• Thread starter YeshaFirefly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

YeshaFirefly

Hi everyone! I'm a first time grower. My plants are at the flowering stage but the septoria infested my plants so bad. I researched and saw that neem oil is the most organic way to treat the disease, and I already ordered so I have to stick to it. Is it possible to use it as a soil drench to treat the soil? I only have dr. Bronners and water to mix with neem oil. I only have very limited resources as it is my first time planting in general and we just moved here in Maine. We're starting from scratch and this plant is my husband's only medicine the reason why we moved. Please
Neem oil soil drench to treat septoria 3
help. Thank you.
Neem oil soil drench to treat septoria 3

Neem oil soil drench to treat septoria 2
Seraphine

Seraphine

Carefully remove infected leaves, dispose of them in the garbage. You can use neem oil to keep it from spreading. A copper fungicide will be good too. Obviously you can’t reverse the damage already done which is why you want to remove the infected leaves to prevent it from spreading further. The neem or copper fungicide will keep it from spreading. About overhead watering and water in the morning.

Y

YeshaFirefly

Carefully remove infected leaves, dispose of them in the garbage. You can use neem oil to keep it from spreading. A copper fungicide will be good too. Obviously you can’t reverse the damage already done which is why you want to remove the infected leaves to prevent it from spreading further. The neem or copper fungicide will keep it from spreading. About overhead watering and water in the morning.

I really appreciate your advice. How much mixture of neem oil and soap to a gallon water should I use? Thank you so much for your response.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I’m not sure. I’ve never added soap but I would just add the recommended application for the neem. Soap is usually a small amount.

Y

YeshaFirefly

Careful not to get the neem on the buds. It’ll make them taste terrible. I’d look into a copperfugicide safe for edibles.

You have to be consistent spraying. Septoria leaf spot is persistent.

Yeah.. That's what I'm worried too. That's why I'm thinking of soil drench so I won't have to spray on the buds since the infection comes from reusing the soil from the ground. But I guess it might still get to the buds when absorbed by the roots so I might just spray on a cotton ball then apply to the leaves. How often do you think should I apply neem to the plants?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hi everyone! I'm a first time grower. My plants are at the flowering stage but the septoria infested my plants so bad. I researched and saw that neem oil is the most organic way to treat the disease, and I already ordered so I have to stick to it. Is it possible to use it as a soil drench to treat the soil? I only have dr. Bronners and water to mix with neem oil. I only have very limited resources as it is my first time planting in general and we just moved here in Maine. We're starting from scratch and this plant is my husband's only medicine the reason why we moved. PleaseView attachment 894408View attachment 894408View attachment 894410 help. Thank you.View attachment 894410
The soil drench with neem won't do anything except waste the neem oil

to stop septoria you need copper fungicide

Screenshot 20190908 174323 Google

or at the very least spray some baking soda @1tbs./gal., spray top and bottom of leaf

Seraphine

Seraphine

Yeah.. That's what I'm worried too. That's why I'm thinking of soil drench so I won't have to spray on the buds since the infection comes from reusing the soil from the ground. But I guess it might still get to the buds when absorbed by the roots so I might just spray on a cotton ball then apply to the leaves. How often do you think should I apply neem to the plants?
Don’t do a neem soil drench. Trust me. The oil will coat the roots and suffocate them. Get a copper fungicide, even wettable sulfur probably

Latest posts

Top Bottom