Neem on Flowers - Are They Still Good to Smoke?

• Thread starter Pandaman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pandaman

Recently I have battled Spider Mites and I think I have won :), but the cost was great :(.

Of the 7 plants I have in flower, one needed it's flowers treated with Neem. The flowers have a slightly different color now and I've accepted the fact that I may never smoke the bud.

Question: I just ordered a X-Tractor from Icecold.com. Can I harvest like normal and then just turn all the flowers into hash? Will that process get rid of the Neem that's left over?

Thanks and Peace

S

scoobydoo

I personally wouldn't, neem oil has been shown to effect the reproductive system, you might be able to get some of it off with a water cure but neem oil repels water so there might not be a lot yo can do.

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
how far along in flowering did you spray them?

Venom818

Venom818

I have sprayed need up to week 5 before and i didnt see a difference in the taste or the high plus its all organic so its not going to harm u bro smoke some when its ready if u find that it altered the taste then make hash.

S

scoobydoo

Just because something is organic doesn't mean its good to smoke or even edible. If you really want smoke a little and see if you can tell the difference. It really just depends on how much you want to smoke it. I know people that smoke pipe resin and moldy nugs and at least its better then that. There are no studies showing if smoking neem is good or bad, for all we know it could cure cancer, but in reality smoking of any kind is very unhealthy. For all you know it could cause things as severe as vision changes, long term lung problems, or even death at the right dosage or when mixed with something else that may already be in your system. If your growing for medical purposes I'm sure your doing this to get the highest quality meds you can, why chance your health? If your not sure keep the plant around til next cycle and if you really need to smoke it you still got it, if you can grow fresh stuff before you run out I'd toss it.

D

Donk Frog

Long as it was applied 2-3 weeks prior to harvest you should not notice a taste differance

J

Jalisco Kid

You must have some really strong tasting herb if you can not notice neem oil,which is something I would never use with the borg. JK

D

Donk Frog

You must have some really strong tasting herb if you can not notice neem oil,which is something I would never use with the borg. JK

lol:rofl...no I don't spray my flowers just fans leafs that are bad:fixed:, and I rarley get borg anyway:afroweed:....I don't spray the buds cause the mites tend to avoid hanging round them cause it's sticky like fly paper:character0103:

S

scoobydoo

Safe to eat and safe to smoke are two different things, you have no idea what chemicals are created in the combustion process, none of those tests are testing smoking you cant just assume its ok.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2996921

this imho is the best case against it, edible does NOT mean smokeable.

Butane or ISO will take the neem oil off the plant and itll be in the oil you make.

DON'T TAKE CHANCES WITH YOUR HEALTH BASED ON ASSUMPTIONS YOU CAN DIE OR SEVERELY INJURE YOURSELF.

P

Pandaman

Wow! Thanks for all the great advice guys! Ya, I'm not going to risk smoking it, but I am going to Water Hash it and strain REALLY WELL.

Diluted Neem was sprayed during the 5 week of 9 total weeks of Flowering. Still has 3 weeks to go and the small colas are very dense even now.

Good news is, I have another exact same plant that will harvest at the exact same time so I will have smoke when it's ready, I just don't know what the plant is lol! Dispensary said it was one thing but looks completely different from ALL descriptions.

But all good. If I detect anything out of the ordinary with the hash/effect/smell etc.., I'll prob ditch it. God it hurt to even say that! There's enough on this plant to get a good 10+grams of Bubble! Fuck! I can't bring myself to do that...

Oh well, I got plenty harvesting soon. Green Crack starts harvest in two days :)

I'll make it all hash and then just store/age it till I find out the truth about consuming it.

Thanks guys! You ROCK!

Peace

D

Dubwobble

Neem is fine, it does affect the taste and smell a bit if used late in flower, but if your buds are covered in PM late in flower you might as well just cut them down and bho them without using neem (neem is an oil and will be pulled away with the thc).

They make Neem toothpaste and Neem soap BTW - so I don't really think it is toxic to humans.

Scabies is also sometimes treated with an application of Neem paste (all over the body), and left there for 24 hours.

Neem is a tree indigenous to India.

P

Pandaman

Neem is fine, it does affect the taste and smell a bit if used late in flower, but if your buds are covered in PM late in flower you might as well just cut them down and bho them without using neem (neem is an oil and will be pulled away with the thc).

They make Neem toothpaste and Neem soap BTW - so I don't really think it is toxic to humans.

Scabies is also sometimes treated with an application of Neem paste (all over the body), and left there for 24 hours.

Neem is a tree indigenous to India.

I remember watching a video here, I think, about Neem and the struggle that was fought against Big Medical for it...

I have one untainted plant and one tainted. I'm still going to turn the tainted one into Gravity Hash cuz I just don't need that much bud from an unknown sativa strain.

Never smoked any kind of Hash before, should be nice!

Thanks for the info :)

Peace

Wrangler1

Wrangler1

23. EASY TO APPLY AND CAN BE USED UP UNTIL THE DAY OF HARVEST.
No matter what concentration of neem oil you use, all you need to do is mix it with water and spray it directly on plant leaves. Follow the label’s directions to make sure you are mixing the right proportions of oil and water.
Many pesticides can’t be used during certain stages of plant growth; however, neem oil can be used throughout the planting season up until the day you harvest so your plants are never without protection.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

23. EASY TO APPLY AND CAN BE USED UP UNTIL THE DAY OF HARVEST.
No matter what concentration of neem oil you use, all you need to do is mix it with water and spray it directly on plant leaves. Follow the label’s directions to make sure you are mixing the right proportions of oil and water.
Many pesticides can’t be used during certain stages of plant growth; however, neem oil can be used throughout the planting season up until the day you harvest so your plants are never without protection.

1) very old thread

2) if you've ever spray neem on buds you would know it turns them to junk.

Top Bottom