Neem, Safer Soap, And Spinosad Combo

• Thread starter nath
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nath

nath

Hey guys

Noticed some spider mites on my outdoor plants recently. I have neem, safer soap, and captain Jack's spinosad. Can anyone advise me on the best way to use these? I read on these forums that 10 mil neem plus 5 mil baby shampoo per gal is a good neem mixture but otherwise I'm in the dark here. Appreciate it, thanks!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hey guys

Noticed some spider mites on my outdoor plants recently. I have neem, safer soap, and captain Jack's spinosad. Can anyone advise me on the best way to use these? I read on these forums that 10 mil neem plus 5 mil baby shampoo per gal is a good neem mixture but otherwise I'm in the dark here. Appreciate it, thanks!
1 tbsp of jacks,3 days from now,use the neem,3 days from then jacks again,then 3 days later neem,avoid soap friend,better to get a whole mess of peppers,garlic,onion powder,make your own ,i like to use for preventive maintance,peppermint oil,garlic and onion,doesnt overwhelm the house and sends the spiders running,you actually watch them get some were,then dawn dish soap sprayed as them as they leave the pot,dawn dish soap and water,you can kill anything on contact,keep that in mind when you think of spraying your plants,but jacks is the ticket for all bugs unfortunatly them spidermites are relentless and come amune to sprays,thats why you switch um up

nath

nath

Should I always spray at night? Is 10 mil of neem per gallon strong enough? Drench the leaves? Thanks!!

nath

nath

Do the bottles not have directions for use? And rates per gallon?

They do. I followed the directions the first time and ended up with neem burn all over my plants. So now I'm asking for advice before I put anything on them.

NHWhites

NHWhites

Spray before lights out or late in the afternoon/early evening to avoid burning and make sure you get every square inch saturated

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Azamax has the active ingredient of Neem oil, is kinder to the plant, and has less effect on taste. I use that, rotating with spinosad. I use the indicated mix rate from the container, never had a burn.

S

Shawnery

I was under the impression you should be spraying right at lights out. The reason your neem oil burned the plants is most likely from light burn through water bubbles. Adding soap as a sufficant will help this from happening but still better at lights off. Also with spidermites you need to make sure you use the spray on the backside of the leaves as well or you'll miss them.

By the way instead of using dawn or dish soap it's better to use insecticide soap instead. Better for the plants.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
1 tbsp of jacks,3 days from now,use the neem,3 days from then jacks again,then 3 days later neem,avoid soap friend,better to get a whole mess of peppers,garlic,onion powder,make your own ,i like to use for preventive maintance,peppermint oil,garlic and onion,doesnt overwhelm the house and sends the spiders running,you actually watch them get some were,then dawn dish soap sprayed as them as they leave the pot,dawn dish soap and water,you can kill anything on contact,keep that in mind when you think of spraying your plants,but jacks is the ticket for all bugs unfortunatly them spidermites are relentless and come amune to sprays,thats why you switch um up
Thats thats way to do it... Whatever you use you do it every 3 days... You have to get into its life cycle and kill babies and adults

R

redlife215

Half strength of what the bottle says. Neem and most oil based sprays can cause burn so def half strength em and jus do a few drops of dish soap not 5 ml of babyshampoo

JMcG

JMcG

You can also use pro tect silica combined with the neem oil. It helps to emulsify the neem oil and makes for a strong plant.
I use 1 tbsp of each per gallon of water as IPM... spray during lights out!

Latest posts

Top Bottom