Neem seed meal for my next soil mix???

• Thread starter KILLERCHEF420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KILLERCHEF420

KILLERCHEF420

:evilgrin0031:Whats up farmers a simple question for anymore experienced organic guys out there im going to be trying a a new soil mix and i was wondering if neem seed meal can be used as and amendment in the mix and if it will also carry the same pesticidal benefit as say neem oil does im figure it wouldnt hurt but i thought i would ask around here first i know theres some really great growers on here anyway thanks for any info and stay high farmers

PEACE
KILLERCHEF

Danoid

Danoid

I throw a cup in for every 1.5 cubic foot of mix. I throw a table spoon in the bottom of the pot in my 1.5" coco layer and I also top dress with it at a teaspoon every other week thru out veg and the first four weeks of flower. The stuff I put on the bottom and top is run thru a coffee grindr to powder it but the stuff I put in the mix is right out of the box. I was doing this to try and battle Root Aphids but it did not work I actually think they like the neem because every neem product I tried never worked or had an effect. This is just my experiences your results may vary. Good Luck

KILLERCHEF420

KILLERCHEF420

I throw a cup in for every 1.5 cubic foot of mix. I throw a table spoon in the bottom of the pot in my 1.5" coco layer and I also top dress with it at a teaspoon every other week thru out veg and the first four weeks of flower. The stuff I put on the bottom and top is run thru a coffee grindr to powder it but the stuff I put in the mix is right out of the box. I was doing this to try and battle Root Aphids but it did not work I actually think they like the neem because every neem product I tried never worked or had an effect. This is just my experiences your results may vary. Good Luck

:evilgrin0031:Thanks for the info brother im gonna wait for a few more replys before i make a decision but if theres no real pesticidal effects from it i dont think it will be in my mix my main hope was that it would carry over just couldnt find much info about its pesticidal qualities as compared to strait neem oil anyway thanks again brother take care and stay high

PEACE
KILLERCHEF

B

big ballin 88

I love it. It works well to keep a good symbiotic relationship to the soil. If you have the bad type of nematodes which is pretty rare, they neem helps fight against it. Also, Karanja meal is good stuff mixed with neem, shaken and sprayed onto leaves and soil. Works like neem oil. @Neemresource(.com) has good prices. Good luck

KILLERCHEF420

KILLERCHEF420

I love it. It works well to keep a good symbiotic relationship to the soil. If you have the bad type of nematodes which is pretty rare, they neem helps fight against it. Also, Karanja meal is good stuff mixed with neem, shaken and sprayed onto leaves and soil. Works like neem oil. @Neemresource(.com) has good prices. Good luck

:evilgrin0031:Thanks big ballin i was hoping to hear a that im still waiting for a few more opinions based on experience but that is a +1 positve for me thanks for the advise and help and the link take care and stay high brother

PEACE
KILLERCHEF

C

claudacio

Is neem seed meal the same thing as neem cake? I've heard of that as well as its uses are similar, but I'm not 100% sure as I havent gotten my hands on it to try yet.

KILLERCHEF420

KILLERCHEF420

:evilgrin0031:Thats a good question bro i personally dont know but im going to look into it thanks for stopping by take care and stay high

PEACE
KILLERCHEF

U

Udyana Peace

Meal is the term used in the USA and elsewhere. Cake is the term used in India and most of the world.

Same thing.

I've been adding neem meal (or karanja) for over 3 years. 1/2 cup to 1 c.f. potting soil is the amount that I use in a soil that I mix.

I wouldn't grow without it. The premium products are from NeemResource.com (certified organic) and they're based in Minnesota. Another good source is Neem Tree Farms in Florida. While their products are not certified organic they do maintain their orchards using organic/sustainable methods.

UP

KILLERCHEF420

KILLERCHEF420

:evilgrin0031:Awesome info i found another thread where you and i think it was Mr. Bong were throwing out a bunch of info on it so thank you very much for the reply and knowledge i will definitely be using it in my new mix and im sure ill have a few more questions to ask thanks again UP take care and stay high

PEACE
KILLERCHEF

Latest posts

Top Bottom