Neem Seed Meal?

• Thread starter Baked Bomber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Baked Bomber

So I have been looking into this no till thing every one has been all hyped on and in making soils I have found allot of people using neemeal and it is great help control gnats and other bugs but then I started thinking am I really doing more harm than good here by adding this since it also acts as a fungicide so by adding this am I killing the soil to some degree?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Good question. I don't use it so I can't really answer that question.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

So I have been looking into this no till thing every one has been all hyped on and in making soils I have found allot of people using neemeal and it is great help control gnats and other bugs but then I started thinking am I really doing more harm than good here by adding this since it also acts as a fungicide so by adding this am I killing the soil to some degree?
if you look back into history you will find neem was the only thing that lived after the locust destroyed everything,also if you look into it you will find neem is also in most medications ,bath soaps and lotions ,even in some foods we eat,i use neem cake and yucca,both combined is a recipe for dead bugs ,i have found they dont even want to come around my plants indoors and outdoors,use recommended amounts and you will be pleased,and the main thing they arent chemicals,you cannot foilar feed with the neem oil when you have flowers indoor or outdoors,this is the reason you add to your soil,and plant naturaly uptakes it,hope this helps ,i dont like chemicals

frebo

frebo

I put Neem seed meal in all my teas last summer outdoors. Also in my tea I use OG Bioware , alfalfa meal, molasses, bat guano, fishnure, .... A lot of growers were complaining about it being a bad year for mites but I only found some on one plant late in the season. I do also spray Caps Foliar or Organicide once a week.

Underthesun

Underthesun

I'm using it in my soil mix this season, its one of my main sources of nutrients for my soil. I have not used it before though. Build a soil has it as one of their main nutrients and claim its a great source of npk, helps the soil life and supposedly earthworms are attracted to it. Its also pretty environmentally friendly from what I understand, other than shipping. Maybe confusing neem seed meal/cake with neem seed oil?

Patanjali

Patanjali

I use neem pretty heavily, and I still observe a ton of microlife in my soil. I add it to the worm bin, etc with no problems.

My 2¢,

P-

Patanjali

Patanjali

I'm using it in my soil mix this season, its one of my main sources of nutrients for my soil. I have not used it before though. Build a soil has it as one of their main nutrients and claim its a great source of npk, helps the soil life and supposedly earthworms are attracted to it. Its also pretty environmentally friendly from what I understand, other than shipping. Maybe confusing neem seed meal/cake with neem seed oil?
Neem seed meal is the left over part of the seed after they squeeze the oil from the seed. I don't know about earthworms attracted to it, but it is a staple in my garden.

Peace!

P-

Top Bottom