Nematodes in coco??

• Thread starter Surfr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Has anyone successfully used beneficial nematodes in coco?? I have only heard of people using them in soil.. I think I am going to order some for this round.. I am just getting all my eggs together for my preventative maintenance regimen.. They seem like a great idea.

:character0180:

M

MydnyteToker

I just bought a couple sponges of nematodes. 1 for my lawns, I think I have grubs and the other for my plants if I don't scrap em by then. Did you use them yet?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I use them in CoCo & I think they r working but I can't say 4sho.. I've always added them in soil so when I changed 2 coco I still added them.. It never crossed my mined that they won't work in coco like they work in soil.. Great thread let's get 2 the bottom of this

ShibbyWilsk

ShibbyWilsk

Yup working great for me in coco, I use the predatory nematodes to take care of fungus gnats. It has noticeably chipped away at the population, now when i feed i do not get any jumping out. I just need to kill the adults and I should be smooth sailing. I bought a microscope just for them so i can tell if there alive when i apply them. I have had a pint of them before that were all dead, I got it exchanged and new pint was fresh.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Thanks for the replies guys! For fungus gnats, get some microbe lift. The stuff is amazing!

Top Bottom