NEON Orange Spots?? Anyone Seen this before?

• Thread starter RhyGuy717
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RhyGuy717

RhyGuy717

Hi all,

On my first grow and have overcome some early mistakes growing Northern Lights in 5 gallon DWC. Plant was growing beautifully in week 5 of veg and then I started to get these bright orange spots, and I mean like neon orange, not red or brown. Roots look white and great. Good airflow with multiple fans, air temp kept around 75 degrees F and water around 65-68 F. Ph was around 5.5 - 5.7 and PPM around 1000.
Been using Advanced Nutrients Micro-Grow-Bloom (ph perfect) at just over half strength. Using tap water at 195 ppm then adding nutes. Waiting on an RO system but don't have it yet. Anyway does anyone know what these spots mean? What deficiency? Also, affected leaves have purple stems as well...

Neon orange spots anyone seen this before
Neon orange spots anyone seen this before 2
Neon orange spots anyone seen this before 3
Neon orange spots anyone seen this before 4
Neon orange spots anyone seen this before 5
Neon orange spots anyone seen this before 6
Neon orange spots anyone seen this before 7
Neon orange spots anyone seen this before 8
Neon orange spots anyone seen this before 9
Neon orange spots anyone seen this before 10
Neon orange spots anyone seen this before 11
Neon orange spots anyone seen this before 12

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hi all,

On my first grow and have overcome some early mistakes growing Northern Lights in 5 gallon DWC. Plant was growing beautifully in week 5 of veg and then I started to get these bright orange spots, and I mean like neon orange, not red or brown. Roots look white and great. Good airflow with multiple fans, air temp kept around 75 degrees F and water around 65-68 F. Ph was around 5.5 - 5.7 and PPM around 1000.
Been using Advanced Nutrients Micro-Grow-Bloom (ph perfect) at just over half strength. Using tap water at 195 ppm then adding nutes. Waiting on an RO system but don't have it yet. Anyway does anyone know what these spots mean? What deficiency? Also, affected leaves have purple stems as well...

View attachment 913482View attachment 913488View attachment 913489View attachment 913490View attachment 913491View attachment 913492View attachment 913493View attachment 913494View attachment 913495View attachment 913496View attachment 913498View attachment 913499
That scorching is toxicity.
Looking at the plant you are feeding way to much. Nutrient demands are different for each grow depending on light and environmental conditions.

I would reduce to 600ppm. And that should fix the issues. It may continue to get worse over the next week even after the issue is corrected. Damaged leaves will not get better

What light are you using and how high above the plants is it?

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

agreed. any recent- bigger than usual, ph swings? i have a nl hybrid, currently.
make sure ur calibrated, as well. I'll grab the chart for purp stems. it's a surplus, as well. just stone forget, which. can also b in the genes, for some strains, but he's not lyin, bout the lvl so... I'm leanin thattaway. I'll post the chart. u prooly seen it, sounds like. like he said and ir previous lessons prolly dictate: less is more. changes don't always show, or show, immediately. easier to fix a deficiency, than a surplus... thems rich mans nutes. u say veg. formulation says bloom. is there a separate bottle for veg/bloom/trans, etc, with rich people problems? judges?

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

I'm pretty sure this'd have it.
there r others. search cannabis nutrient deficiency chart

Screenshot 20191123 092121 Chrome
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

agreed. any recent- bigger than usual, ph swings? i have a nl hybrid, currently.
make sure ur calibrated, as well. I'll grab the chart for purp stems. it's a surplus, as well. just stone forget, which. can also b in the genes, for some strains, but he's not lyin, bout the lvl so... I'm leanin thattaway. I'll post the chart. u prooly seen it, sounds like. like he said and ir previous lessons prolly dictate: less is more. changes don't always show, or show, immediately. easier to fix a deficiency, than a surplus... thems rich mans nutes. u say veg. formulation says bloom. is there a separate bottle for veg/bloom/trans, etc, with rich people problems? judges?
Only thing is you can't ph these nutes without messing up the availability. I know this goes opposite of everything we learn about nutrients but it's how they are designed to self regulate ph. That's why I personally don't care for them but they work if used properly

RhyGuy717

RhyGuy717

And are we talking purple stems or petioles.

I suppose it is the petioles that look reddish-purple, the part that branches off from the stem to the leaf. I also have that first deficiency chart, its just hard to zero in when it looks like multiple issues, Thanks guys. I will swap out the rez and go light on the nutes for awhile..

Also, using a 1500 watt full spectrum LED a good foot or so above the plant. No possibility of heat burn.

IMG 2207

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I suppose it is the petioles that look reddish-purple, the part that branches off from the stem to the leaf. I also have that first deficiency chart, its just hard to zero in when it looks like multiple issues, Thanks guys. I will swap out the rez and go light on the nutes for awhile..

Also, using a 1500 watt full spectrum LED a good foot or so above the plant. No possibility of heat burn.

View attachment 913551
If it's just the petiole don't worry it's probably more reddish? That can be a reaction to light no harm no foul with it

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hi all,

View attachment 913482View attachment 913488View attachment 913489View attachment 913490View attachment 913491View attachment 913492View attachment 913493View attachment 913494View attachment 913495View attachment 913496View attachment 913498View attachment 913499
I've had that curved growth & that speckling; I suspect your pH is low and you're overfeeding. I also don't care for AN nutes

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

View attachment 913551
u know- my shock wattage, is higher, but i burn 3, 600ish, led'z and less/more... at 12", i would be over 1000par. I've yet to put over 900 on em, without burn. I'm kinda thinkin it is close... u check leaf surface temp? what's your relationship with diox, again?

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

but that looks like more than 12". I'm still wondering LST/TEMP, if that's 1500burnin watts.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

just nothing to do with purple. nm... ph... my mind snapped. ignore me. I'm out.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

View attachment 913551
I'm having a rough morning, but i keep comin back to this pic. i see BIG/FAT/DARK GREEN, cigaring, possibly, leaves and all i can think, is heat, first, maybe a tad high, on the N, distance to heat source/light and ph and then, like i said- rough morning: the mind goes blank, for ancillary/supporting, intel.
oh and ppm. someone i like mentioned 600, as a great, post flush base... i like starting, there, when chasing my tail & symptoms.

Top Bottom