Nerds Genetics Nutrient Tests And Analysis

• Thread starter NERDS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NERDS

NERDS

For personal and professional reasons we have been doing trial runs of different nutrient lines for quite some time now. While admittedly, we do not have the time or space to do tests that would produce real scientific results, we still believe these tests to be useful. These tests are primarily focused on the "practical use" side of each of these nutrient lines. I will be asking questions like...

- Does the ph remain stable in my reservoir or am I always adjusting before feeding?

- How clean does my reservoir stay over time, and is there a large amount of salt buildup on the outside or grime that builds in the pumps.?

- How are the plants responding to the nutrients? (We will only run genetics that we are familiar with and can compare to results from our standard organic/probiotic setup.) Did we experience frequent lacks or lockouts?

- When combusted, was the standard flush time (14 days) adequate, and how was the smell/ flavor compared to the organics?

- Was there a significant gain / reduction in yield?

- Was their a significant increase/ decrease in essential oil / resin gland production?

For consistency sake, all trials will be done in 5 gallon nursery pots and grown in Tupur grow medium under a 315 ceramic metal halide.

Follow us on instagram @nerdsgenetics for consistent photo updates of how the trials are going.

Trial currently underway: Cyco Nutrient Line

Using the whole line (as they were nice enough to give me a pro pack).

Currently in Veg: week 4 from clone, will flip light cycle in about a week probably

Strains being tested: Gorilla Glue #4, Qrazy Train, DNA Diesel, Rocky Mountain Sour Kush, BOG's LSD, and Triangle Kush x Diesel Fire

Initial thoughts: This nutrient line so far is one of the cleanest things I have ever poured out of a bottle. When I say that I am referring to the way in mixes in solution. Even after bringing the PPM's up to 1000, the nutrient solution was nearly clear, and after weeks nothing has built up in the reservoir or on the pumps. The plants are responding very well to the veg nutrients and are producing rapid growth and impressive stock girth so far. Though the PH fluctuates quite a bit between feedings in my reservoir, I am still quite happy so far with the results I am seeing from this line. More to come.....
Nerds genetics nutrient tests and analysis

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

Nice work man trials and tribulations. Keep the updates comin in here at the farm.

NERDS

NERDS

Today is day 1 of flower with the Cyco Nutrient Line. The veg growth has been absolutely insane. Huge beautiful leaves, great inter nodal spacing, and just incredibly rapid (and super healthy) growth. The nutrients themselves almost look clear when in the Veg cycle, and while they are a little darker during Flower, the solution can be seen through at all points. The lack of nutrient salts is more than a little apparent in my reservoir, as even after weeks of filling and emptying it, there is no build up at all (meaning 100% of the nutrients are being dissolved in the water and given to your plants). So far from a practical aspect, all those things are great!

This line doesn't come without a couple of drawbacks though. For one, there are about 13 bottles I need to add to the solution each time I go to feed. While their quantities called for on all bottles are all pretty much the same, making measuring simple, it takes 20-30 minutes to mix. The PH also tends to drift pretty substantially up while in solution, and it requires a large amount of ph down to adjust it back to range.

FullSizeRender
IMG 1342
All in all very happy with the veg cycle from Cyco. Incredible growth, and all things considered rather easy to use. Can't wait to see what kind of bud and resin development we can get out of these plants.

On the other side of things, a new set of clones have been dropped for the RX Green Solutions Test. For veg, these nutes are a 2-part base and a powdered foliar solution. My experience so far with the veg side of things has been that these nutes are incredibly clean and easy to use. Like the cyco line, with full solution you can easily see to the bottom of the res and so far there has been zero buildup on the sides. When added to solution the PH dropped instantly into range and no further adjustment was required. The first feeding was yesterday, and though everything looks happy and healthy there has not been enough time to report any real finding.

Pics above, larger plants =cyc0 day 1 flower , smaller plants RX Green Solutions day 1 of veg :)

NERDS

NERDS

Quick update, the calendar on the Cyco Nutrient Test tent must be reset as a timer apparently was broken. Though set to 12/12, it was turning on for a period of time during the "night" thus keeping the veg cycle going. The problem has been fixed and normal flowering will proceed from here. With an extra week and a half of veg these girls are going to be absolute monsters!!! So far so good though.

The RX Green solutions tent is growing like mad, should be ready for transplant into 5 gallons any day now.

Top Bottom