Neuralgia and chronic pain discussion

• Thread starter Ponky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ponky

Ponky

I've been using cannabis for a long time. For almost 20 years medically. Lately I have been having more hand neuralgia than usual. Find myself having to dab more frequently with shatter. Haven't had much luck with CBD isolate or edibles. Have lots of shatter, thc distillate and cannabis flowers at my disposal. Just wondering how everyone else likes to use cannabis to best treat that deep pin prick sensation of neuralgia.
I'm essentially having to smoke about 4 to 8 dabs an hour all day.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I've been using cannabis for a long time. For almost 20 years medically. Lately I have been having more hand neuralgia than usual. Find myself having to dab more frequently with shatter. Haven't had much luck with CBD isolate or edibles. Have lots of shatter, thc distillate and cannabis flowers at my disposal. Just wondering how everyone else likes to use cannabis to best treat that deep pin prick sensation of neuralgia.
I'm essentially having to smoke about 4 to 8 dabs an hour all day.
A friend who has all kinds of pain issues, including MS, says CBD is most effective when it's combined with THC and vice versa. The exact ratio is a personal thing. She also says that, regardless of whether you mix CBD into it, using edibles is the only way she can take in enough to be effective. You seem to be at the limit for ingesting through the lungs.

Ponky

Ponky

A friend who has all kinds of pain issues, including MS, says CBD is most effective when it's combined with THC and vice versa. The exact ratio is a personal thing. She also says that, regardless of whether you mix CBD into it, using edibles is the only way she can take in enough to be effective. You seem to be at the limit for ingesting through the lungs.
Yeah big time. But adding edibles doesn't seem to work. Wish I could drink a drink or something just for the nerve tingles.

Ponky

Ponky

I have an update. 6 months. It involves a confirmation that fibromylalgia is real. And is the main driver of my issues. I had been in constant pain for about 16 years. I had a long list of constant symptoms.
-neuralgia. Wide spread.
- wide spread pain. Muscle and skeletal.
- ibs and ulcerative colitis.
- spasms and Muscle locking.
- permanently clenched shoulder and sacroiliac Muscles.
- walking gait issues. Rubber legs. Disorganized gait.
-irregular appetite. Frequent nausea.
- hypersomulance (excess sleep) undesired.
- frequently dropping and mishandling items.

And a lot of other weird things. But I never knew the issue. I met a doctor after not having access because once you had a medical marijuana license you were basically black balled. It took me almost 7 months. And I had to beg for an appointment. But this is beside the issue.
He made me a prescription. The drug approved for fibromylalgia. Started small dose. 1 month increases. To a total of 3 units a day. My bias was the medicine wouldn't work. But it would be enough to get the medical insurers to leave me alone. So I did it. I felt thirsty. And lost my appetite.
In this time frame. I was able to recover several issues.
-I stopped feeling constant burning in my hands. And fumbling less. I was able to recover a normal walking gait. And stopped dragging my right foot once in awhile. I stopped getting dizzy with my eyes closed under the shower. Which I thought was a concussion issue. My blood pressure. Which has always been high my entire life. Even when I was a child. Went into the ideal range. I was able to exercise more vigorously. I was able to cut down 50 pounds. My bowel issues. I won't discuss but a 95% remission of my issues occurred. And I was able to concentrate better. And although still sometimes sleeping longer than desired. I am able to stay awake for consecutive hours.
Prior I was only using marijuana. And mostly power lifting and resting to get exercise. But now I am going to hopefully be able to walk more. Without the associated pain.
I don't want to list the name of the drug. It's not a narcotic. But if you do suffer from similar issues or fibromylalgia and are relying exclusively on marijauna. You might want to consider a discussion again with your doctor. Because had I not. I would never have made the recoveries I made. I took the drugs for the neuralgia. And didn't expect the other benefits.
I you suspect or have fibromylalgia. It's real. And now there are treatments.
I'm at about 6 months in. Make sure the doctor doesn't try pain killers. Those don't help.

Fibromylalgia is still there. But more manageable. Has to he a good quality doctor with a solid background. If you have questions I can answer I'll try to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom