Never Ending Tea?

• Thread starter WalterWhiteFire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Hey cap! Love the bennies! I never want to run out of tea. Is it effective to keep a tea brewing 7-10 days, just adding fresh tsp of cap packs, molasses and R/O? My plants thank you!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hey cap! Love the bennies! I never want to run out of tea. Is it effective to keep a tea brewing 7-10 days, just adding fresh tsp of cap packs, molasses and R/O? My plants thank you!

I don't know how effective that would be. I think you would inevitably multiply some, and lose others. Best to brew fresh as needed.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter

I *think* you would need to just add food source (molasses) so they herd has something to feed on. I know you can keep a brew going longer by adding more molasses according to the Bountea directions, but that's for 12 hours longer. Don't know about doing this permanently.

Now I'm totally talking out of my ass, but it would be really cool to have brewer always brewing, and you just add water and molasses every so often to keep the herd multiplying.

There is a local hydro shop that always has fresh brewed tea served from a vortex. I'll ask them what they do to maintain their brew. I imagine they don't make a fresh batch every day.

Good questions, WWF.

outwest

Thoth

Thoth

I imagine it would be like yoghurt. Allowed to go for too long, or making new batches with the previous batch, the ratios of each species present changes. As Cap said, you're likely to have some proliferate at a cost to others, which will dwindle or die out completely.

L

Liberanos5

This idea makes me think of sour dough bread. Some bread "starters" have been alive and going for years and years. Bread yeast after all is a microbe. But these products are so affordable, reliable and good I intend to brew fresh each time. And I'm as cheap as they come. Just my 2 ¢............

obsoul33t

obsoul33t

IBL
teas are about balance not too much bacteria vs fungi vs protozoa vs nematodes vs ect ect as tea sits different components will consume one another .. i think you would end up with an overabundance of something and a deficit of others .. you only have to watch tea over several days under a microscope to see this happening ... watching bacteria feed on fungi ... i think it's a good concept but in reality it's an idea that will bite you hard ..

brew fresh teas

obsoul33t

obsoul33t

IBL
sure it's my opinion based on brewing teas for a few years learned from soil food web and using a microscope to see with my own eyes what happens to teas as they brew longer or sit longer .. i don't claim to know everything and i learn constantly .. who gives a fk how long you been at this , i been at it even longer .. don't be a dick .. get a microscope and watch what happens for yourself ...

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
just a question, do you want your tea brewed and doing it's thing in a brewer or your soil zone?? Exactly, brew 12-24 hours and use it and brew fresh, you'll have higher levels of critters in fresh tea and won't have to guess at what to do to keep the critters in stasis for a never ending brew, imo

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
What Obsouleet said seems like pretty solid advice to me, not much opinion except for the way he worded it... or should I say, my experience seems to echo the suggestion that the tea becomes dominated by bacteria rather quickly... It seems pretty simple, regardless how long you've been at it.

Even if I keep adding a food source, after 4 or 5 days my teas smells like something foul, rotten like a decaying asshole. I find this true especially since switching to Caps' packs that the tea smells like soil after 24-48 hours of bubbling- beyond that- even if I add more molasses the smell deteriorates into a foul smelling one if left for another 48 hours.

When I used other bottled products I could keep the same batch brewing for a week or more before the smell turned.

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
good point but you are stating NOTHING but 100% opinion....my n his observations are from facts.....different.......and following the leader ummmm.... to quote you "good concept but in reality it's an idea that will bite you hard ..." lmao but cuz I've been at this more than twenty years n born in to boot before n the more I learn the less I know n thats what facinates me and anyone knows more than me tells ya otherwise WANTS YOUR $ or somethin likely..........what sorta balance ya understand exists in the "fresh" teas that wouldn't n older teas with supported healthy flora/fauna may I PLEASE ask ya.....jedi master........peace

How long have you been at the English language?

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter

How long have you been at the English language?

hahahahah Moio must be high as fuck again... dude's grammar gives way first, then his ego comes in talking about his experience and his contacts and his skills and how much we suck and are duped

Too funny

Latest posts

Top Bottom