Never Grown Indoor, Time Will Tell

• Thread starter Irietime
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Irietime

Irietime

I bought a 600w galaxy hydro led and I'm having trouble believing anything will grow under it. I've only grown under the sun and this light just seems so small. Will it grow a plant. I built a room 6ft tall x 2.5 wide and 5 ft long, lined with Mylar a fan and ventilation to outside. I'm just gonna grow the same way I did outdoors, organic in soil. Has anybody used this light successfully? I know it's a cheap light but I'm just starting out on the indoor scene. Appreciate any thoughts or advice. Thanks peace

N

numbnutts

Haha omg I so get what you mean because I'm skeptical about the leds even though I've seen online they do amazing things but I was so young I never thought about the light not working it was big ass mh and hps ballast back then ..I just did it and went from there now this year I had 2 outdoor plants and they got so immensely huge , one was in a 30 gallon smart pot and the other a 55 gallon trash barrel I couldn't believe it honestly ...then I realized nothing will even compare to the sun is had a 1000 I had to add 2 more 600s just to be happy and not feel like I was wasting my time I went up from 5 gallons to 10s and 30 gallons , less plants more light it'll go better than 12 in 5 gals ...

N

numbnutts

Your not gonna be happy if you've only grown in the sun what are you looking to harvest I think a 600 led is actualy a pretty strong light for indoors right , isn't it ? I thought I heard that 600 leds are equivalent to more watts than 600 hps lamps ..idk if that's the case but I did see some poor bastard dip his plants in water soap and neem oil then put em under they exact light and they looked like bacon strips ....

Irietime

Irietime

Man I'm just hoping they grow. I just want a little head stash irieness. It's an experiment all the way. Your right though, nothing will compare to under the sun. Gotta do indoor for now, but as soon as I can it's back out into the elements. Keep ya posted. Experiment starts in a couple days

GreenLion

GreenLion

Im intrested to see u do ur thing... i think u might like indoor better.. i know i do.. good luck

Irietime

Irietime

Thanks gl. Yeah I'm stoked seeds sprouted today. Let the adventure begin. I just love the act of growing plants man, from veggie garden to cannabis. So much to learn, so cool to watch. Peace

Deadsy

Deadsy

I was the same way when I started indoors after growing outside for years.Im not familiar with your exact light. I started out with two ho t5 fixtures with 4 4ft bulbs to start em under and a cheaper model "1200w" led in a 4x 8 room for late veg and bloom. Everything went pretty well but I wasn't quit happy with the yield after growing outside so long. So I purchased a ventable hood and a digital ballast that dials from 400w to 1000w plus turbo charge. I run the cheaper ultra sun grow and bloom bulbs. That of course cranked up the heat so I had to get a 6 inch fan to vent the room. But it really ratcheted up my yield (still not like outside but really nice none the less). This all depends on strain but you know that already. Anyway maybe not what your looking for but that was my exp. Where I live last outside harvest is late sep into oct so during the late fall and winter months if you don't have a greenhouse or work you ass off covering and uncovering plants indoors is all you got. Good luck

Irietime

Irietime

Yeah thanks. Just gonna give it a shot and see what happens. Don't have much cash to spend on the op, so if I get a small amount of dank I'll be happy. Right on, happy farming

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You wont get giant buds with led but they will be sticky stinky and potent.

Deadsy

Deadsy

Hope to see your buds if you feel like showing some pics when they are ready.

Irietime

Irietime

IMG 1859
IMG 1862
IMG 1866
IMG 1880
IMG 1879
Here's the little ladies so far. The first two on the top are strawberry kush and the bottom one is gsc x purple something not totally sure. Had one more seedling but it was kind of weak so I pulled it and started two more seeds another sk and Gsc.

Irietime

Irietime

justiceman

justiceman

Lookin good man!

I have not used LED's before but I've seen some people do decent things with them. I'd recommend training your plants. Topping or my personal favorite SCROG would be ideal in my opinion. I don't know if you train your plants outside, but indooor grow lights are best taken advantage of by having a homogeneous canopy that mirrors the footprint of the light since the light doesn't penetrate like the sun does.

Here's a good example I found on google with LED Scrog's:

Basic set up with the trellis
Led tent

Trained well along the screen to get more canopy surface area
Led tent3

:)
Led tent4

This last picture the guy could have utilized his screen a little bit more but he still did quite well.
Led tent2

Irietime

Irietime

Thanks jm. I'm deff planing to top and lst. Wasn't planing on scrog, maybe I should. Is the net just to help hold the branches up. I want my plants to be spread out with many even tops, just not sure if I need a net. Open to suggestions. Thanks

justiceman

justiceman

No prob! The net/screen does help hold them up as a bonus but its main purpose is to train the branches in a horizontal fashion by continuing to tuck them under the screen. It's basically a giant LST technique. It's much easier than individually tying down branches to a pot in my opinion, but there are many ways to skin a cat.

Irietime

Irietime

No prob! The net/screen does help hold them up as a bonus but its main purpose is to train the branches in a horizontal fashion by continuing to tuck them under the screen. It's basically a giant LST technique. It's much easier than individually tying down branches to a pot in my opinion, but there are many ways to skin a cat.
Gotcha. That makes a lot of sense. Yeah tying down branches is a lot of work. I probably got some stuff lying around to built a screen. Thanks for the suggestion.

Top Bottom