never seen this before

• Thread starter DroMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DroMan

ok so im trying to grow some ghf cheese...i know i know greenhouse has a bad rep but it's not the strain im sorried about. something is litterally eating my stalk. i don't know what to do i thought i had it taken care of but the stalk is slowly being skinned. like you would if you were cloning or something i've looked everywhere and see no animals or bugs. i put a rat trap with my lady for tonight because that it the only thing i can think of. i figured i would type this as i wait for my cam to be charged enough to snap a pic or 2 . the plant is still doing well despite the brutal attack it's taken. it's indoors in a closet in a room that is blocked off. hopefully someone will have some idea to help me. i don't want to lose my baby. it's less than 2 months from harvest

D

DroMan

this is what im talking about it's just slowly being cut. i see no worms or anything else. maybe it's just fate that im not susposed to grow greenhouse seeds i dunno

100 0590
D

DroMan

i figured it was some kind of rat or something. so i baited a monster mouse trap up. if the pic isn't to sick i might put that dead bastard up lol. i have 3 plants (other 2 are autos) and they are fine. but the big one it just takeing 1 hell of a beating. surprisingly the plant is still growing but this might just make her herm. i hope not but if i don't get whatever is eatin my baby i might just have had some wasted time.

H

H.T.S

Seen that once in my life at the cannabis collage in amsterdam, it was mice they had, they had tin foil wrapped around the bottom of the stem, i asked him why and he said he had mice, I said why do they eat the bottom of the stems, and the guy says in a dutch accent, "because there little bastards" lol, try the tin foil for a bit, see if it helps or get a few mouse traps, you can buy 1s which catch them alive and you can just let them away, of if you are going to buy 1s that kill them, but the electronic 1s that take a battery, it will kill them instantly, they wont suffer much, gl.

D

DroMan

"little bastards" is right. turns our i have a real nice rat problem. but they will be take care of soon enough. tinfoil is in place hopefully it will help. if not the traps have got to do something. hope they don't suffer to bad but they aren't wanted here and letting them go wouldn't solve anything. i live near trail tracks so im sure thats where they are coming from. and im seeing all kinds of holes in my back yard so i might have a nice rat city going on somewhere that hasn't been found yet. im going to start wrapping my stalks in foil from now on. i just like the look reguardless if it works or not. im still learning my way around growing. this will be my 4th or 5th little experiment. hopefully if this girl doesn't die i'll be able to re-veg her and get some clones going. but thats sometime in the future, minus the rat(s). thanks everyone for the advice. i might post up some pics of the little bastards IF i get some of them

hubcap

hubcap

keep that mouse around for when your flowering a pure sativa.
"girdling" the meristem like that causes em to finish a lil faster.

thats funny ripz...."if thats a bug doin that i dont ever wanna meet it!"

LOL

D

DroMan

lastnight i got 1, and the tinfoil kept the 1 thats been chewed on from getting anymore. however another plant is takeing the same punishment. that poor rat i felt bad for it but it's not welcome and a live trap is like pissing in the wind. im keeping several traps around my plants it's so close be being done that it's making me mad that this happened. im sure if it didn't cause enough stress to herm her it surely slowed growth down alot. i think from not on im only growing autos i know i'll miss out on alot of strains but i won't put near as much time for the same good herb. just the amount will not near as much.

Top Bottom