Never water coco with plain water?

• Thread starter Secret11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Secret11

Secret11

So i know ideal ph for coco growth stage is between 5.8 and 6.0 so i should never water them with plain water since its ph is around 7, right?

I have fulvic acid and it's also rich in humic acids, it's really black and concentrated, so i'll use this in case i don't want any fertilizers, have you seen someone using plain water inbetween fertilized water to water coco that ran into some problems? I'd like to know.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

The main reason you never want to water coco with plain water is coco has no available nutrients. If you water with plain water, you flush out any nutrients left from the last feeding and leave the plant to starve. You also cause a big fluctuation in the EC which can shock the plant.

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

have you seen someone using plain water in between fertilized water to water coco that ran into some problems?
If you run into a problem, it's pretty common to flush coco with 3x the amount of plain ph'd water to pot size. 1 gal. pot = 3 gal water to flush. After flushing, right back on the nutes. No problem. Coco is a pretty forgiving medium in that regard.

Edit: If you're not experiencing problems, no, I wouldn't recommend it. All you'd be doing is flushing out any nutes available and any excess salts.

KeystoneHempNursery

KeystoneHempNursery

Making the Cut
Supporter
So i know ideal ph for coco growth stage is between 5.8 and 6.0 so i should never water them with plain water since its ph is around 7, right?

I have fulvic acid and it's also rich in humic acids, it's really black and concentrated, so i'll use this in case i don't want any fertilizers, have you seen someone using plain water inbetween fertilized water to water coco that ran into some problems? I'd like to know.

I have fulvic acid and it's also rich in humic acids, it's really black and concentrated, so i'll use this in case i don't want any fertilizers, have you seen someone using plain water inbetween fertilized water to water coco that ran into some problems? I'd like to know
I tend to use a lil oyster shell mixed in to help supplement for calcium. Foliar applications are a great method to feed In between soil drenches that can help prevent any sort of deficiencies as well

ILLGE4E

ILLGE4E

Yes, Ive ran coco just like soil (feed, feed, water) with no problems.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You can run coco like soil but you won't maximize the benefits of coco.

High fertigation low volume with nutrients every fertigarion keeps a very stable rootzone for ph, nutrient concentration/ratios, etc.

This allows you to use very small pots while maintaining stability. Huge benefit for air exchange.

Imo the o2 availability to the roots if all other factors are adequate is the determining factor for growth rates.

Top Bottom