new 10'x14' room need advice

• Thread starter sincethe80s
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sincethe80s

sincethe80s

this is my first setup.flood and drain...i will be doing both veg/flower in this room. i have 5 1000w hps/mh ballasts and 5 4x4 trays and 5 magnum xxxl 6" hoods. i will have a bunch of question while setting this up.

i painted the room flat white and just mounted a row of 3 magnum xxxl on one side of the room and row of 2 on the other. i have two 6" fans for both rows.

i live in san fran and even on the hottest day the room stays constant at 70 degrees or colder in the winter.

my first question is what is the best way to run the ventilation

should i run filter=fan=lights=out on both rows??
what size reservoir should i use for the 4x4 trays??
and how many wall mounted fans?
am i missing anything??

i will be posting pictures soon.. thanks!!!!

R

robeartobrenton

yo, welcome, i am guessing you are using co2? if you are using co2... you should be running a closed system, meaning,

you bring the air in from a different room, then past both lights, then back out into a different room.... you dont want to exhaust your co2 or your aC out of your room... you want to pull air from a different room then past your lights and back out into different room... - this will effectively cool your lights without taking any of your cold air out of your room.

as for the carbon filter, they work well just hooked up to a fan blowing directly back into the room, aka scrubbing the room.. this way you arent exhausting anything out...

if smell is still a problem get an ozone gen... be careful with these things they are bad for your health and you need to put one on a timer... and learn about them before you start using it.. might even want a ventilator.. i turn it off 30 minutes before entering the room. thats about how long the ozone lasts...
---
if you arent using co2, you definetly need to get fresh air into the room, you should run an intake from the outside into the room to blow in fresh air.

hope this helps

sincethe80s

sincethe80s

Should I even run an AC? It gets really cold in that room. And all the lights will be vented out. How many wall mounted fans?

R

robeartobrenton

if your doing it correctly, you will need a/c... if your room is properly sealed and insulated for smell and co2, you will have heat buildup from plants/pumps/chiller/lights/ballasts/. in order to fight the heat buildup from those things ac is necessary, even if it doesnt have to run very often, you will want it, -

another thing you can do is draw air from outside- if your on a budget, you can get a open/close flange that will open up and suck air in through an inline fan when the temp gets too hot in the room...

R

robeartobrenton

you basically want enough fans so that all of your plnts are moving full time..... also good to have good air circulation around the base of the plants so mold doesnt build up around your medium- air condition is also important for this reason

sincethe80s

sincethe80s

I'm probably going to get a split system. I just went through the sealed room thread. Everything that get hot will be located outside the room and I will be venting cold outside air in the light hoods and back outside.

R

robeartobrenton

split ac is the best choice. - you should consider nft aero system... you get the biggest and best results... with half the mess and fuss... you can build your own systems with gutters, sprayers, and pvc... then you dont have to worry about all the stupid rockwool cubes, and rocks, and all that bullshit... - - no need for shit like hygrozyme or worrying about any bugs or fungus in your mediums or anything... you just take your cut, and put it right in the system, you do the entire run in the same system from cut-to finish. works just like an aero cloner so it will give you roots and go all the way through...

good luck \ sounds like your gonna do it right

sincethe80s

sincethe80s

im tryin to do it right. after i get the hang of this im doing aero for sure just trying to get the basics down first. it just didnt feel right spending that much money on an AC if the room doesnt get above 70 with all the lights on.

sincethe80s

sincethe80s

I am also changing my 1920s fuse box to my house and changing it to breakers and putting a subpanel for the growroom. How many amps should the main box be and how many amps for the subpanel?

Latest posts

Top Bottom