New 1500W Ballast

• Thread starter GroHi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GroHi

Might want to check out your local store... my guy just got in a limited release 1500W digi ballast/bulb combo from Hydrofarm.

Lists on the "special" bulb at 206,000 lumens, 240V only.

They state it performed better than expected under their lab test & that limited numbers are being sold for trial. It looked like the green galaxy housing to me.

State on the box is 2 year full warranty through the retailer w either full cash back and/or replacement. I read this to mean your choice if it conks out on you...?

Just saw it this morning, thought y'all might find this interesting. Peace.

R

Rolln J

yeah I been waiting for these to hit the shelves!

how much were they GroHi?

L

Lost

I saw them online. I think its the master blaster from lumitek? for 500 watts over a 1k you only get 50k more lumens?

G

GroHi

Retail, I'm assuming, but he said 500 for the ballast & 150 for the bulb... which was an hps... seemed about standard but the inside filament was longer. He also said the ballast will fire a mh, but do they make such a bulb? Heck I didn't even know about the 1500 hps...

I'm thinking a 5x5 area maybe? So 3 600's would be comparable...?

L

Lost

Retail, I'm assuming, but he said 500 for the ballast & 150 for the bulb... which was an hps... seemed about standard but the inside filament was longer. He also said the ballast will fire a mh, but do they make such a bulb? Heck I didn't even know about the 1500 hps...

I'm thinking a 5x5 area maybe? So 3 600's would be comparable...?
Prob not maybe 2 600's.. The 2 500's is about 200k lumens vs 206. Two different light points but less intensity. 3 600's would be 300k lumens and 3 light sources so I would ssume that that is much better than the 1500, but who know.. it new so time will tell..

R

Rolln J

I saw them online. I think its the master blaster from lumitek? for 500 watts over a 1k you only get 50k more lumens?

50 k more lumes would be fine if its MH - is this a MH or HPS rig?

edit: nm re-read the thread and its an hps - yeah wierd its only 50 k more lumes...

D

DazedNconfussed

so....what advantages does a 1500w light have over a few 600w's....seems a few 600's use less power, give off the same lumens, and by having it split into 2 lights youll get better light coverage....wonder if a 1500w light would have some cooling issues.....

R

readytolearn

i suppose you only have one reflector and one ballast to buy...saying that i use 600 over 1000 cos of the flexability

Z

Zigzagman

I think folks that that grow SOG style, will jump all over it. Big intense foot print, single point venting... whats not to like. The bulbs should get better and cheaper quickly so, I think there may be a new 600lb gorilla in town.

T

thefreak

like to see it in action myself. hope all works out for ya with this new ballist.

O

Ouroboros

awesome except it says that the average lifetime of the bulb is 250 hours :(

O

OGrower707

the master blasters are insane man...my hydro shop just got one in ...imagine 6 hoods putting off 9000 watts

D

dagobaker

thats going to create a sick amount of heat and bleach any buds even close
i like more smaller wattage lights myself

S

SweetIndica2

I could see it having alot of purpose for certain grow styles, but it isn't too efficient. I use a 1000w Hydrofarm ballast, but am planning on grabbing a few 600W's to add to my room. I do like the penetration of the 1000W though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom