New 1500W Ballast

• Thread starter GroHi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lost

I am using one in a 8k 7 plant setup. I have used it already in a 4 plant 5k setup.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Lost,
Did the 1.5k put out a crapload more heat? I saw you pics, and it is not even a question as to the light intensity difference. Thanks!

L

Lost

yea, probablly on the order of 4.5 to 5.5 k btu's..

Its a shit ton of light tho!

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
Lost, so how did you like the 1500w compared to the 1000w... Pro's / Con's?

You just did what we wanna do, 4-plant; 5-lights... Now that you've ran that setup, if you could start over how many 1500w's would you put in over 1000's?

We were thinking 1-1500w and 4-1000w... I've been finding 1500w ballast and HPS light for about $550 so thinking of switching to a couple more 1500's now. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

C

cooperji

wonder when they will have cooltubes for these. do they run much hotter than a thousand?

L

Lost

Lost, so how did you like the 1500w compared to the 1000w... Pro's / Con's?

You just did what we wanna do, 4-plant; 5-lights... Now that you've ran that setup, if you could start over how many 1500w's would you put in over 1000's?

We were thinking 1-1500w and 4-1000w... I've been finding 1500w ballast and HPS light for about $550 so thinking of switching to a couple more 1500's now. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thats exactly what I did. The 1500 in the middle. You would really need alot of cooling for 5 1500's. Im sure the yield would be awesome but it wouldd keep you real busy trying to get rid of hot spots. Even as bright as it it, the lants still grow towards it to a large degree.

Anyway, I would go for it. It's a nice little setup, the 5 light 4 plant in a diamond pattern. Im going to build another one once I get enough a/c. Its also real manageable, you have 20 minutes of work most days and thats it, no b.s... Just get the cages on early. Veg for 7-9 days in new home. When you put the babies in, put the lights in the cieling and only turn on 2 the first day, and one every day after last of all the 1500. After all lights are on lower the lights. That way no lumen shock! good luck :)

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
Awesome, 1-1500 center and 4-1000 perimeter it is then. That's good to hear it's pretty low maintenance (once ya get the hang of it I'm sure). Thanks for the added info, I've been waiting for more of an exact lighting 'fire-up' sequence so the ladies don't get lumen shock. Numerous people I've talked to have never heard of lumen shock... Just not going big enough! lol

Another couple questions if you don't mind... How far away do you have the lights from the plants when you start the fire-up sequence? Once all the lights are on and you start dropping them, how far do you drop them per day (6-8")?

Thanks for answering my questions, your the man!

L

Lost

Another couple questions if you don't mind... How far away do you have the lights from the plants when you start the fire-up sequence? Once all the lights are on and you start dropping them, how far do you drop them per day (6-8")?

Thanks for answering my questions, your the man!

2 feet or more would be good. You want to check them every few hours and look for that tell tale lime color. Just a few inches a day. They have to veg in there for 7-9 days so if on day 9 your just level with the conopy what the harm? The stalling from lumen shock is huge, so its best to avoid it like the plague. When you put a 3 foot plant with 3-4 1000's on it, thats alot of light, alot of photosynthsis, i mean indica's can grow 4-5 inches in a 24 hour period, its that quick! You don't just turn that on in a plant. It like its going to run a marathon and you need to take it to the gym and start slow.. LOL

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
I love the analogy Lost, makes perfect sense! Your experience and info is much appreciated! Can't wait to get the last details figured out and get my MPB setup going. Definitely snagging a 1500w for the center.

Garden of dreams, good to hear your loving the 1500w's!

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
Bumped to make it easier for another member to find...

Latest posts

Top Bottom