New 275 CFM Blower...need advice on best way to use it...?

• Thread starter weedhound
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

weedhound

I am moving tinto a new area ..a space 3x8x6. Odd dimensions, its a really deep tall closet. I just purchased a blower 275 CFM and am planning to run two 400 hps sealed. I am only planning on 2 stages of 12/12. 25 plants per cycle in 1 galon bags. Pro Mix, Flora series Grow, bloom and Micro....and some 12 2 1 bat guana for veg. I will be hitting them heavy in veg and early flowering, flushing for minimum of 16 days prior to harvest. I am goin to veg under 6 42 watt cfl's in 16 oz. cups till 10 inches, transplant and flip....I will be eventually using CH9 Flower Female as mothers with a 49 to 60 day flower time. I am hoping to yield at least 30 Oz. a cycle...Can I re use promix? And any critiques ideas or comment are welcome please...thanks for stoping by!:smiley_joint:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I don't see why you can't reuse the Pro-mix IF you're careful about it being really well-flushed. If you were going all-organic with your feeding then I'd think you would have no worries, but the Flora series is pretty rich and would need some flushing.

As for how to use the fan (thread title), I cannot adequately answer.

The rest of your plan sounds pretty solid to me for a SoG.

sedate

sedate

You'd want the fan to be exhausting the air from the growspace - but I don't think a single 275cfm fan will handle two 400's in that space.

Unless your sealing the 400's - and even then its gonna be close - I don't see how you'll be able to do it.

Methinks you need better ventilation options before proceeding.

sedate

sedate

If you want to snap a photo of the closet, maybe some ideas will come to mind . . .

W

weedhound

I don't see why you can't reuse the Pro-mix IF you're careful about it being really well-flushed. If you were going all-organic with your feeding then I'd think you would have no worries, but the Flora series is pretty rich and would need some flushing.

As for how to use the fan (thread title), I cannot adequately answer.

The rest of your plan sounds pretty solid to me for a SoG.

Thanks...how tall or old should i flip to 12hrs..?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You didn't say what light you're using for flowering, so I'm going to guess something like a 600. First, the when has a lot to do with strain. If you wait to flip the Cali Blue I've been running then you're gonna have a mess on your hands, this girl's wild and post-flip stretch is almost untenable. Whereas another girl, perhaps more indica-dom, might only stretch a few inches so you could push vegging a little bit more.

So, for a 600 I wouldn't let them get any taller than 12". If you're running 400 then shorter. If it's a strain or group of strains (there's a LOT to be said for monocropping in my world) that stretch like Cali Blue (around 12" post-flip stretch) then you'll have to keep it even tighter.

Have you run whatever strain(s) you're planning before? Or do you know someone who's run them before? I find that talking to people who've run the same girls before is extremely helpful, keeps me from making their mistakes over and over again.

Pay attention to what sedate had to say about your ventilation, something tells me s/he is spot on. ;)

B

BlueWater

The thing with denser plantings is that they don't grow out so much as up. It truly is strain dependent. A full foot is starting to get a bit tall for SOG imo. But you'll settle in on a starting size you're comfortable with pretty soon. Also, you can always clean off the undergrowth if they're a bit too tall and have nice airflow and things aren't all messy. You can re-use ProMix but with smaller pots they can be pretty solid with roots. Much easier to just toss it and use fresh mix, for various reasons. You can get 7-8 1g buckets in a standard trash bag, so 4bags and you're done w/ 25.

W

weedhound

I have two 400 hps to light up... I want to run a staggered schedule with them. I think I am gonna start out with on light with Auto's ( CH9 Auto Smokey, BS, DR, LR#2). The other light I am going to sprout 8 ( two mothers ) CH9 Flower (Female), 4 (Unsexed) ECSDxSFVOGK Bx1, 3 CH9 super haze (female), 3 CH9 Vintage 2006 (feamle), and I may try and pop a few Erdpurt crosses...I tried before but didnt have a very good germ rate...

I will get some pics up as soon as I get settled in...i would like t tilize my 1 gallon bags with the Auto's and depending on veg times with the others maybe 2 gal. Most of the CH9 say the flower time is 49 to 60 days and with a veg time of 45 days they are supposed yield around 70 grams indoors..I am figuring about a zip and a half if I am lucky.....I read an arcticle about pot size and using wider shallow bags to promote bushier growth indoors and that plants top sides mimick their roots systems to a point....Thanks for all your help

Latest posts

Top Bottom