New 300 true watt cfl grow

• Thread starter mjb121877
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smokestack23

Just hold your hand a few inches from a light and move it from the side to the bottom of the bulb and you'll see where most of the light comes from. It's the sides. One poster mentioned that hanging them vertically like that is good if you have them hanging all AROUND a plant instead of above it but for SCROG you're gonna have the light above so horizontal mounting is a must.

And DO use something to reflect from the top side of the bulb otherwise almost half the light will go upwards.

Now, all that said, why don't you just get a 400 or 600W hps? They arent that pricey if you look on eBay. If it's a money issue, start saving. Like I said...a 400 can be had for peanuts. So can a 600 so it won't take long saving your empties or cutting back on the weed for a couple of weeks. You could have the cash before it's time to flower.

M

mjb121877

Have a few new pics for an update, smells very good!!! seems like its doing good....... Let me know what you think. THX

5 23 11
5 23 11 2
5 23 11 1
5 23 11 3
M

Montannabis

Just a note I did the hand under light and noticed the highest amount of light looks like it comes out at 45degrees just my two cents.. Peace Montannabis

M

mjb121877

I did the same thing, I found a piece of reflective material that im going to put around the lights like a hood, it should work pretty good.

MEGA956

MEGA956

//What do you think your yield is goin' to be?? 5g

//Try a 150w MH those run for about $60, I'm sure
you'll double your yield with the MH... IMO

//Plant looks happy.:cool0044:

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

looks good....hey just curious..does anyone think you could do a room and have like 10 of theselights per plant, do like 20 plants...i know itd be a LOT of power strips for plugs...lol but would you save a lot of power and heat using a shit ton of these instead of a big light????hmmm

M

mjb121877

I'm not sure what my yield will be, this is my 1st grow. someone told me that i should get about 8-10g. but i'm not sure, like I said 1st grow

homebrew420

homebrew420

looks good....hey just curious..does anyone think you could do a room and have like 10 of theselights per plant, do like 20 plants...i know itd be a LOT of power strips for plugs...lol but would you save a lot of power and heat using a shit ton of these instead of a big light????hmmm

I doubt this is true. Watt per watt hids are far more efficient and would generate much less heat per watt as well.

Top Bottom