New and confused!

• Thread starter SyLane0988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SyLane0988

SyLane0988

Hello everyone. I’m a first time indoor grower. My plant is almost 7 weeks old now and showing signs of something going wrong. I thought the ph was off in my water but after testing it (with nutrients already in it) my ph was perfect. Everything was going well until week 5 when I started noticing my lower fan leaves turning a light green and then to yellow and now some brown spots on the worse leaves. It’s now starting to creep up my plant. My soil is moisture control indoor potting mix with higher nitrogen for my veg stage. The only nutrients I’ve applied is Fox Farm Grow Big and start les out at half dose and didn’t apply until just after I start seeing the discoloring of the fan leaves. I’ve been watering with the nut water every other watering. I’m using CFL lights, 7 in total. Not sure if maybe there is too much light? The plant isn’t close enough to burn, I've been checking that. From what I’ve been reading it seems like a magnesium deficiency so I started using epsom salt in my water but it’s been getting worse since even trying that. Any help would be appreciated. I know new growers make a lot of mistakes so I’m trying to learn as much as I can. I’ll include pics as well. Thank you so much!

New and confused
New and confused 2
New and confused 3
New and confused 4
New and confused 5
New and confused 6
New and confused 7
New and confused 8
New and confused 9
New and confused 10
SyLane0988

SyLane0988

I'm guessing your over feeding judging by the burnt tips.
Thank you for the feedback! I did notice the yellowing and stuff before using the nuts. That’s where my confusion is coming from. And I wait to water until the top inch of the soil is dry :/ and am using plain water every other watering.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Thank you for the feedback! I did notice the yellowing and stuff before using the nuts. That’s where my confusion is coming from. And I wait to water until the top inch of the soil is dry :/ and am using plain water every other watering.

What brand mix soil are you using?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Doh.. Yeah that shits horrible! There getting well over fed i can gurantee.. I would ditch that soil, replant her in some quality super soil, Fox farms, Dr earths, Ect ect just google super soil water only stuff and stop feeding that plant for a while :D When shes hungry she'll let ya know. But that soil already has nutrients in it mostly slow release crap that your adding to which is now burning, Every time you water the soil it feeds the plants, when you add more you burn it, that soil is just bad news.

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

Thank you so so much. I’ll do that right away. I had a feeling and should have bought better soil instead of what my wife uses for her indoor plants lol. Stupid mistake but hopefully I can save her.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Thank you so so much. I’ll do that right away. I had a feeling and should have bought better soil instead of what my wife uses for her indoor plants lol. Stupid mistake but hopefully I can save her.

Totally can be saved just need new soil and water only till she looks hungry! :D

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yes indeed you can save them , look at it as lesson learned , now move on to the next lesson . Od .

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Some strains likely do ok but the reason 6 month feeding soil is not recomended is it has too much nutes packed in and cannabis eats relatively light compared to say a tomato plant.

Looks like it is too hot and now that the plant is bigger it is taking up too much. Magnesium is being blocked out. And more deficiencies will come.

Cant flush because the nutes will be even more activated.

Maybe transplant to a nuetral or cannabis specific soil? Clean as much miracle grow off the roots as possible?

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

Some strains likely do ok but the reason 6 month feeding soil is not recomended is it has too much nutes packed in and cannabis eats relatively light compared to say a tomato plant.

Looks like it is too hot and now that the plant is bigger it is taking up too much. Magnesium is being blocked out. And more deficiencies will come.

Cant flush because the nutes will be even more activated.

Maybe transplant to a nuetral or cannabis specific soil? Clean as much miracle grow off the roots as possible?
Thank you! I ordered some fox farm soil today and will replant it asap!

Top Bottom