NEW and plan on growing

• Thread starter 420VISION
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

420VISION

Im purchasing some clones next week

and i plan on putting them in 5 gal buckets for each one

so i got a couple of questions to get started

how much soil would i need for 6 clones?

how deep do i place the clones in the bucket?

how much soil goes in a 5 gallon bucket?

what's the best kind of soil?

what else am i gonna need to get started ?

H

Highdrophilia27

how much soil would i need for 6 clones? 5 gal bucket X 6 = 30 gal

how deep do i place the clones in the bucket? 2-3 inches maybe...

how much soil goes in a 5 gallon bucket? Fill it up all the way but leave like 2-3 inches from top...

what's the best kind of soil? I had good results with foxfarm ocean forest(), it has a lot of good nutrients in the soil already..

what else am i gonna need to get started ? Good water, Ph meter, ph up and down, and PPm meter

I would suggest starting the clones in smaller containers for the first 2 weeks then transplant to bigger pots. If you are doing soil and using buckets, u need to make holes at the bottom so the water can run off...

B

bn332302

what would u suggest to use at a light source in a three by eight closet??? how many many plants should i try and grow in a space that size??

H

Highdrophilia27

what would u suggest to use at a light source in a three by eight closet??? how many many plants should i try and grow in a space that size??

The light will depend on how many plants... say 6 plants you will need 400 to 600 watts. Look into HPS(High Pressure Sodium) lights...

420VISION

I would suggest starting the clones in smaller containers for the first 2 weeks then transplant to bigger pots. If you are doing soil and using buckets, u need to make holes at the bottom so the water can run off...

how many holes do i make for each bucket & what size?

also would a plastic cup work for the 1st 2 weeks for the clones?

D

dnutz

how many holes do i make for each bucket & what size?

also would a plastic cup work for the 1st 2 weeks for the clones?

If you want to use a cup, take a razor knife and slice a small section of the bottom lip offso there are no holes in the bottom but just above. It will look like a slit when finished. 16oz cups should be okay for 2 weeks but that is the farthest I would take it personally as roots Explode in the first two weeks.

Top Bottom