New and started my first grow room!

• Thread starter mrromeo333
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrromeo333

I'm excited about my first grow room that I set up. Got alot of info from here so I want to say thank you all that provided me with all the knowledge.

However I have a question that I could't find anywere. I'm installing my co2 injection system in my room and wanted to know how air tight does my room need to be?

I have a attic style room with the ceiling being studs and insulation covered with insulation paper. Don't know if alot of air is going to sneak out through the holes. Don't want to waste co2. I had 1 sugestion to cover the ceiling with white plastic nylon, but its so much of a hasstle because I already have my lights installed with my ballasts mounted to the upper beems.

I apprecieate all your toughts and comments,

-rom

Z

Zanthe

Glad to hear you are taking the time to plan out your grow room! This will put you way ahead of flock.

I'm not sure if you are aware but Co2 is heavier than air, so you should not have to worry about it floating up through your ceiling. Without knowing the type of Co2 generator you are using I cannot be too specific, but your fans should be off at the time you choose to inject your C02 into your garden, this will add to natural diffusion of the Co2 and allow your plants to mine the air. If you were to run a fan in your room while Co2 was being added a small oscillating fan would be best, then it is simply moving the Co2 around and not sucking it out of your room if you are running exhaust fans. I hope this was some help! Happy Gardening

C

CanadianClassic

I Agree with Zanthe he is right on about how the Co2 falls down that's why you gotta mount it up high if the Co2 was going up,the tank would be on the floor.

Goodluck with the ladies!!!

M

mrromeo333

Thanx for the responses. But i have a new question :) i desided to go with co2 injection rather than a burner. I have co2 controller thats hooked up on a timer.

I dont think i'm suppose to have it on 24/7. Now i have it set on 30min every three hours on a timer. (Into the second week of veg). Want to get some suggestions.

Thanx and happy growing to yall!!!

S

sdstoner

pretty cool man but CO2 is a whole new ballgame for me. good luck and post a journal please?

Top Bottom