New Aqua Pore Defusers

• Thread starter bobby34
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dizzy Weasel

Dizzy Weasel

Loves Eating Tacos
Supporter
Yes this is a major moron move on there part there are multiple issues with them..... had my worst yield in uc when I switched to them and took stones out.... Still better than if I had my ebb and grows tho.... Had several problems with them not just one... If u are the kind of oblivious grower who is unaware these little problems would have grown into huge problems if they had been overlooked a few times, Live and learn, idk why I can't ever grasp the if it ain't broke don't fix it rule

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

Ahhh airstones.

I think I have tried just about every airstone on the planet by now. I don't know how many I have purchased over the last 4 years. 200? 300? It seems the ones I like these days are these 3" discs I got from ebay shipped from China. They work well, are not fragile and for whatever reason, don't clog as fast as any stones I have used in the past...even the sintered alita stones

cephalopod

cephalopod

Any one have experience with the diffusion rings that are made out of what looks to be soaker hose/recycled tire?
71Xtc5f1XjL._SL1500_.jpg

I've been through my share too, the latest being ecoplus 8" disc and I wouldn't recommend them. They worked fine at first, but after some time the epoxy bead seating the stone started to fail letting the air out of the case and around the stone instead of through the stone.

61BnCQ%2B%2BhQL._SL1000_.jpg

$16 bucks for 75ft. 1/2" id soaker hose, buy some tees and make my own. I have a whitewater 29 regen. blower that pushes 15cfm and I'm thinking that will be plenty.

91Omfii9wdL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Warrioreuel

Warrioreuel

I just bought my second UC system. The first one (2 years ago) came with air stones and they work fine still. The second one came with this pourous hose crap. I will try them but will also be prepared to drop in air stones as a replacement.
On a side note without going into details, I have built my own systems before and they work fine. But, with all things considered, long term reliability, portability of disassembling and relocating the system, positively no leaks, researching proper equipment etc. no wasted money and time on trial and error, the UC system is worth every penny. I still make mods to the air delivery system but other than that it works fine.

M

macdiesel

I had to silicon my entire NEW CCh2o 32dbxl system as the whole thing leaked BADLY. Overpriced junk

Dizzy Weasel

Dizzy Weasel

Loves Eating Tacos
Supporter
I had to silicon my entire NEW CCh2o 32dbxl system as the whole thing leaked BADLY. Overpriced junk
Ugh u fudged somthin bad....... pipes got to line up in center of holes before you tighten down bulkheads and other common sense procedures or it will leak for sure every single time

cephalopod

cephalopod

So I was in between cycles and decided to try this hose idea out, it didn't work. At first it seemed promising. I cut the ends off, plugged one end with my thumb, blew into the hose and it didn't seem to offer a lot of resistance. So I made a ring up and dropped it in a bucket and it barely sprinkled out bubbles, turned off the rest of my outlet valves and still the same result. I have a regen blower white water model 29 and maybe am at 16" of depth to push 20 cfm or about 566 lpm, so I guess I'm lacking in the psi dept. Oh well, nothing ventured nothing gained. I guess I need a hose with better porosity.
Any one have experience with the diffusion rings that are made out of what looks to be soaker hose/recycled tire?
71Xtc5f1XjL._SL1500_.jpg

I've been through my share too, the latest being ecoplus 8" disc and I wouldn't recommend them. They worked fine at first, but after some time the epoxy bead seating the stone started to fail letting the air out of the case and around the stone instead of through the stone.

61BnCQ%2B%2BhQL._SL1000_.jpg

$16 bucks for 75ft. 1/2" id soaker hose, buy some tees and make my own. I have a whitewater 29 regen. blower that pushes 15cfm and I'm thinking that will be plenty.

91Omfii9wdL._SL1500_.jpg

A

adower

I stopped using air stones after mine would get clogged in my ebb and flow reservoir. I just went and bought a bunch of plastic film canisters and put a few weights in them. Epoxied the lid on and zip tied a air hose to it.

N

NWElite89

I just use Active Aqua Medium air stones. Clean them between cycles. I throw them in a small bucket bleach/water solution and have them aerate for 48 hours. Usually get about a 3-4 grows before I just buy new ones.

Top Bottom