new at hydro

• Thread starter sharky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sharky

I would like to setup a 3x3 flood and drain table. Have always used soil for many years.Ihave a room that will fit this size table.what nutes would you suggest for white widow clones.About 24 to this table the temp in the water.Will use a 400 hps at first to keep heat down,have pump and everything but not the know how with hydro.:smoke

H

halitzor

There are so many different things you can use.

If you want to keep it simple try:

GH Micro + bloom or floranova bloom.

Cal mag +

hygrozyme

liquid koolbloom

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

yeah i would second halitzor's recommendation that's a good lineup and not to expensive (except that hygrozyme but it's worth it from the countless people i know using it). for the GH micro and bloom that would be 1 part micro to 2 parts bloom. that's the "lucas formula. i would run with that as it has a adequate NPK and that line is clean enough for hydro use. the nova I'm not really feeling because it settles to much for my liking you have to keep a pump circulating in your res to keep it mixed up it's like mud.

I run 8ml/gal of micro to 16ml/gal of bloom or a little more and max out the nutes around 1100 using RO water with good results. usually run cal/mag (if i use it) at 5ml/gal and run that first and then top off with micro/bloom to hit my desired ppm.

i run ebb and flow (ebb and grow bucket system) and i usually run flood cycles at lights on, half way and lights off for flower and during veg i may play with the watering schedule to let them dry some but never to the point of drooping but with the intent of making the roots hunt for the moisture to grow the root mass (that's my logic). it's been successful for me but it also depends on your medium you use as i use hydroton or sun leafs rocks and that may not work for you if you're using something highly absorbent like rockwool.

Top Bottom