New at this ,and need some advise.

• Thread starter fuzybuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fuzybuds

Have what I thinks a issue,may not be to big of one now but need to nip
16730348501107095463640043104398.jpg
in a bud so to speek.Im Fuzzy bud and my lady's are 3 weeks and 2 days young ,There getting some yellow on tips and a brown spot hear and there mainly on new growth.
I've researched the hell out of it and finding confusing examples of what it could be.
No so much of confusion but counterdicting " sorry about my spelling ".
I'm like I said new and very green at this but have studied the process and I think I'm on track but.yeah but.
I'm using a 4x4 x8 tent.
PH is about 6 on average.
Not over feeding them or watering them gals.only once every several days.
Soil samples appears to be acceptable in all categories. I'm at a 12 on 12 off lighting. Was at 18/6.anx 24 hr at beginning. Temps
83 hi and 72 low.
3gal buckets with 8 drain holes on bottom. 2 inchs of course gravel on bottom and about 1 inch of peat humus soil/sand for drainage.
Have BESTVA 1000s 3 of them and have raised from 12" to 25" as of late.grow medium is FoxFarms Ocean .has fish and bat crap and what not in it.watering with spring water ph balanced to 5.5 to 6.5.and rain water when possible.
Got 50 to 60 percent humidity. And have a 365 CO2 bag hanging.
Also 2 small 6" fans 1 hi 1 low and a 6" charcoal filter inclined fan on bottom exiting bottom and piped back to top reintroducing the filtered air back in.
But the yellowing tips and a few spots have me nervous.I believe i have all bases pretty much covered.
Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Fuzzybud.
1-06-23

New at this and need some advise 2
Oldguy71

Oldguy71

Looks a bit over fertilized, shiny dark green leaves and some clawing. It’s not too bad at all but could cause the tip yellowing. I’d back off the feed like 10-15%

F

fuzybuds

Will do.
Lights are moved away from 12 to 24 inchs ,move them back down?

F

fuzybuds

Looks a bit over fertilized, shiny dark green leaves and some clawing. It’s not too bad at all but could cause the tip yellowing. I’d back off the feed like 10-15%
Will do .thanks a bunch.
Lights were moved away from 12" to 24" noticed growth slowing a bit.
Move back to 12" ?
Thank you again
Fuzybud

F

fuzybuds

Will do .thanks a bunch.
Lights were moved away from 12" to 24" noticed growth slowing a bit.
Move back to 12" ?
Thank you again
Fuzybud
It's awsome to have someone's input on this ,I'm hoping I don't wreck my gals.

TSD

TSD

12 inches is pretty close for leds. Also are you PHing the water? You don't really need to do that in soil because it naturally buffers, and it's actually counterproductive in organic soil because it's a chemical product that will kill your microbiome. Plus one for slightly over fed. How are you determining the need for water? The leaves look a bit swollen, so a bit of overwatering may be happening too.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

12 inches is pretty close for leds. Also are you PHing the water? You don't really need to do that in soil because it naturally buffers, and it's actually counterproductive in organic soil because it's a chemical product that will kill your microbiome. Plus one for slightly over fed. How are you determining the need for water? The leaves look a bit swollen, so a bit of overwatering may be happening too.
I still PH even when I'm in soil. I use it to check soil PH vs. Feed PH.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Have what I thinks a issue,may not be to big of one now but need to nipView attachment 1317345 in a bud so to speek.Im Fuzzy bud and my lady's are 3 weeks and 2 days young ,There getting some yellow on tips and a brown spot hear and there mainly on new growth.
I've researched the hell out of it and finding confusing examples of what it could be.
No so much of confusion but counterdicting " sorry about my spelling ".
I'm like I said new and very green at this but have studied the process and I think I'm on track but.yeah but.
I'm using a 4x4 x8 tent.
PH is about 6 on average.
Not over feeding them or watering them gals.only once every several days.
Soil samples appears to be acceptable in all categories. I'm at a 12 on 12 off lighting. Was at 18/6.anx 24 hr at beginning. Temps
83 hi and 72 low.
3gal buckets with 8 drain holes on bottom. 2 inchs of course gravel on bottom and about 1 inch of peat humus soil/sand for drainage.
Have BESTVA 1000s 3 of them and have raised from 12" to 25" as of late.grow medium is FoxFarms Ocean .has fish and bat crap and what not in it.watering with spring water ph balanced to 5.5 to 6.5.and rain water when possible.
Got 50 to 60 percent humidity. And have a 365 CO2 bag hanging.
Also 2 small 6" fans 1 hi 1 low and a 6" charcoal filter inclined fan on bottom exiting bottom and piped back to top reintroducing the filtered air back in.
But the yellowing tips and a few spots have me nervous.I believe i have all bases pretty much covered.
Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Fuzzybud.
1-06-23
Some charts to help you stay in the zone:

Plant nutrient absorption at different pH
Cob lux distance watttage
Light Mol chart JPEG
Argus VPD chart

F

fuzybuds

Yepper.ph is 6 on average.soil ph was slightly higher.i don't understand the part that you say it's a chemical product that will kill microbiome.what will kill the microbi?I'm really really new at this so sorry if I seems dumb. Watering is really hard to determine for me.i have a moisture meter so when it's in the close to dry range I add water.

F

fuzybuds

Do I need a co2 meter?is there su h a thing?I assume there is havnt looked into it I just have a bag of 365 co2 stuff hanging up in tent .like I said I've grew much of anything ever.so this is a new adventure for me ,and really fun to.awsome there's peps to offer there skills .but some of those terminologies are Greek to me.looks like I have some homework. Didn't think it would be so complicated not overwhelming but complicated. But i always strive to do my best at anything I do.
Thank u again for help.stay tuned for more ,I'm sure I'll be back soon,probably 2maro.
Peace.

F

fuzybuds

Whats the chemical that will killmirrors?
The ph adjustment Chem?
I'm sorry but I'm a green horn here

Reactions: TSD
F

fuzybuds

Whats the chemical that will killmirrors?
The ph adjustment Chem?
I'm sorry but I'm a green horn here
Sorry getting late long day spelling not so good.try it again.
Whats the Chem that kills the microbi ?I'm adjusting ph to water goin in ,run off is 7 to 7.5 .I'm using a good spring water ,goin to use a Rev osmosis asap I think.will a Rev osmo remove the good minerals?

F

fuzybuds

Sorry getting late long day spelling not so good.try it again.
Whats the Chem that kills the microbi ?I'm adjusting ph to water goin in ,run off is 7 to 7.5 .I'm using a good spring water ,goin to use a Rev osmosis asap I think.will a Rev osmo remove the good minerals?
Lol.what the he k is microbiome by the way?I have alot to learn.but this is the coolest thing I've done in 45 years.yes I have no life

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

6.4 for soil is where you want to be, hydro 5.6- 5.9. No need for a co2 meter. Those bags put out very little. Good airflow is best until you get everything dialed in. Then think about getting a tank or propane burner co2 system. With those you’ll want a co2 monitor/ controller.
Microbiome is the eco system in your soil. All the bacteria, fungus , nematodes etc and how they intersect with each other and the grow media.

Top Bottom