New at this, help me out.

• Thread starter Bullmark69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bullmark69

Bullmark69

So now that things are legal in my State, I’m jumping in and taking a swing. I have a 2x6 closet with an 8ft ceiling. Bought a new HGL XL 320 and currently have 3 autos (super skunk) in a medium of soil that I can’t remember the name....ocean something, but it’s supposed to be fully supplemented for 4weeks. They’re on a 18/6 cycle. Right now they’re in red solo cups but the leaves are as wide or wider than the top of the cup. I have some 3 gallon containers that are soft sided and feel like a moleskin bag. I was gonna transplant in another week or so when they are completely dry right before a watering ( I hope that’s the proper time).
I’m running the light at full power about 22-24” above the tops. At this point they look great....I think I watered too much initially but after a few days they took off. They popped out of the soil 12 days ago and are little sturdy bushes.
I’m trying to keep my temps in the hi 70s, but occasionally they creep into the 80-82 range. I’ve tried to keep the humidity stable but it’s varied quite a bit, but is now staying in the 50s.
The whole ventilation issue is where I worry. I have a 6” vent fan blowing out into the attic space, but nothing really bringing new air inside. I open the door several times a day and talk to them, and try to fan them a few minutes but that’s it.
I have several of those white CO2 mats hanging in the space as well. Not sure if they are worth the cost.
I know I need to add a carbon unit to my fan, and plan to before the smell gets strong.
I also know I’ll need to feed them after the 4th week or before if they show signs of being hungry.
I guess my main questions are: can this be done with my current setup?
Do I absolutely need some device to bring in new air? Or will my frequent visits and pep talks suffice? I’m only running the exhaust fan around 12hrs.....kinda randomly.....didn’t think it was that important for the seedling stage...should I run it 24/7 ?
I need to know the simplest nutrient regiment.....I’m a believer in not over complicating things. Of course I want a great smoke and lots of it (although I haven’t smoked in 11-12 yrs).
Any and all comments and suggestions are welcome. Please help me down this road.
Thanks to everyone.

TSD

TSD

I personally don't grow autos... but I think the general rule is to plant them in the pots they will live in, they have a set life cycle so any shock can really derail thier progress... but obviously you have to, I never transplant anything that is dry, it's too easy for the soil to break apart and destroy your roots, same goes for too wet, it crumbles and rips off half the roots... probably less so in solo cups, but try to do with when they are moist, but not soaked. Someone that does indoor/autos will be along to advise on your set up I'm sure.

Bullmark69

Bullmark69

Well just as a thought all was well in the universe, it looks like a few of my leaves are “canoeing” slightly. I watered yesterday, distilled water only, and don’t think I overdid it. My temps were around 83f and the lights were closer to the tops than I thought at 18”. I hope this is a minor issue. I moved the light up to 24” above and won’t water again for a bit.
Any comments??
Also, these are two weeks old tomorrow and I’m wondering when to move them to their permanent home?? I’ve already learned that autos should start out in their permanent pot....but these don’t have a choice. Should I wait longer or move them sooner??
Thanks again and I’m counting on some kind soul to guide me in the right direction.

C05AB79D 0D35 4E57 9F71 98CED78D2CDF
FF62B06F 705B 4BEB 934F D57FE01DA50F
8ACA1179 BAA3 4421 99D5 6F9EB2859B3D
Top Bottom