New Auto Grow

• Thread starter gwheels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gwheels

gwheels

Good day all. I bought auto flowers at the start of the year because my wife has a prescription and she love some lemon haze. Well is killed pretty much everything a couple of times and did a lot of internet research. I found a thread here that was pretty fantastic. I have since started a grow box grow (24 wide by 16 x 38 inch tall with a 150 watt mars LED light. I pretty much kill everything with bubble water hydro so i went to soil. I have since bought some 2 gallon and 3 gallon fabric pots so i can get it right. I think ultimately i can grow 3 good autoflowers in it. She smokes about a gram day so as long as I can do that a bit extra it saves me paying 300 from her licensced producer and it is about the most fun hobby I have ever had.

I started with a few seeds and realized one was growing way too fast (female kushy kush under 20 hours of grow makes it veg like crazy). I kept it in my box for a few weeks and we just hit 12 12 outside so a week ago I put it out and it is showing pistols today. How awesome is that.

I knew nothing. My lost seeds were the price of my education and i have 40 more autoflower seeds (variety from samserra speeds seeds dutch passion and a bunch more).

I have attached a very purple pic of my led grow at day 14 from seed. I can screw up hydro like no tomorrow but good soil with perlite was the ticket for me. These plants are in 1 gallon pots. I will fix that next grow.

I also have a smaller starter box to get seedlings to start. It will speed everything up. (14 x 24 x 27 inches on that box with a 75 watt LED mars light)

This week i will get a soil PH tester but things are trucking along great

Everything will be legal for everyone here by the time I get good at this so I love the timing.

The other pic is my kush plant. Since then i have trimmed off some lower leaves and it has grown about 3 inches outside in a week with pistols forming in the last 2 days.

My plants growing in the box are
sweet tooth auto
shot adrenaline
ultraviolet.

I have one in my smaller grow box that might produce a gram. It was outside and a squirrel dug it up. I found it tilling the garden and threw it in a pot.

All of this is helping me to understand how they grow.

And thanks to the breadth of knowledge I find here. It has helped me imensly. 3 failed grows and a lot of dead seeds in bubble water later.....

I think I will get something off of this batch,

This summer has been pretty damned good to the couple of photoperiods I have outside so I will have more time to grow in the box.

This first grow is my benchmark. Then it is a challenge to see what I can do.

Cheers all.

14 days from seed
Kushy kush week 1 outside
gwheels

gwheels

that spindly one in the back left is the one that was dead by squirrels. It is a buggered sweet tooth auto. I moved it to my small grow box because it will produce very little. The bigger box has the just the three plants. Next time I will put 3 in 2 gallon pots or 2 in 3 gallon pots. We will continue to experiment. When I get the hang of it I will put a 6 x 6 x 8 grow tent in my garage (it is heated to 68 degrees F constantly thanks to in cement heating). :D and at that time i will use 2 X 300 watt mars grow lamps with whatever it takes to make the cover of high times :) or at least produce top shelf bud.

gwheels

gwheels

They look like this now. This is day 21 from sprouted. The other two are a bit smaller but i think it is strain related :) This is shot adreneline from samsera seeds.

this is a 1 gallon pot. I would love to transplant it but i think it will cause more harm than leaving it alone. 3 is just right for the grow box and i think they have room to grow.

IMG 20160908 202907
IMG 20160908 202900
gwheels

gwheels

Looking good :) and with all the handy advice here i have LST trained my kush plant outside with these wires i made up out of coat hangers. It is looking better every day.

IMG 20160913 145756
Top Bottom