New Bins Ill Use for Next MPB Run

• Thread starter socalsinner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

socalsinner

Hi guys. I have searched the world for the best price for a replacement for my old MPB .. Home Depot Bins lol and . I found them. I checked these out at a shop in Los Angeles and they are super tough . There is no give like the tough totes at Home Depot. Light does not come through the bins. I listed a place I found that sells them on the internet.

akrobin 35-230

23 1/2 " long by 19 1/2" and 10 " deep 15 gallons

http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/s...ng-security/shipping-container-without-lid-30

View attachment bin2.bmp View attachment cover2.bmp
E

easypleasie

I can vouch for the bins you get at globalindustrial. Tough mofos :) I'm using the 12" tall ones in my mpb room. You have to buy them in packs of 3. Get some extra ones in case you mess one up.

I think the 10" tall bins would be perfect with 10" netpots. Same width/length and netpots will sit a little lower so you won't have to use as much nute solution. Solution gets exchanged faster in the smaller bins and I think that might help out with keeping temps more consistent. It doesn't have time to heat up in the bins so you get pretty constant temps. Reflectix helps :) I personally like having less solution so i'm not having to chill as much water. Less nutes are also needed :)

S

socalsinner

these ones are cheaper and they are from the same place your looking at online. also they seem like they can take more weight when stacked.

http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/s...ipping-container-without-lid-23-1-2x19-1-2x10

i used the 12" height ones right now and havnt had an issue at all with em. they are very strong and i beleive they are the exact same ones DD uses.

Thanks for the input legal. Thanks for the link. If someone actually lives in Socal and wants the bins the link I provided above will get you to a company that has a distributor in Los Angeles. You can avoid paying shipping by getting it from a local distributor instead of online.DD actully uses a 15 gallon bin. The 12 inch ones are 2.8 cubic feet correct? 7.48 gallons per cubic foot? The 10 inch ones are perfect for my 20 kid run and my avialable rez-water supply. Peace.

S

socalsinner

I can vouch for the bins you get at globalindustrial. Tough mofos :) I'm using the 12" tall ones in my mpb room. You have to buy them in packs of 3. Get some extra ones in case you mess one up.

I think the 10" tall bins would be perfect with 10" netpots. Same width/length and netpots will sit a little lower so you won't have to use as much nute solution. Solution gets exchanged faster in the smaller bins and I think that might help out with keeping temps more consistent. It doesn't have time to heat up in the bins so you get pretty constant temps. Reflectix helps :) I personally like having less solution so i'm not having to chill as much water. Less nutes are also needed :)

Reflectix... checked out their website... fucking nice products. I'll be looking them up soon. Hey easy Im gonna have to hire you as a consultant lol

E

easypleasie

lol consultant! I need quite a few more years experience before even wandering into that realm. Besides, i'm terribly slow at getting things done lol

squarepusher

squarepusher

Hey square. Do you have a link for the super buckets? I havent had much luck in the past with Lowes .

I couldn't find it on the website, but here is the exact product

its about $16 in store, I see lots of people using them around here. I guess you gotta get them in store as the website doesn't show them.

edit: found them @ lowes site

S

socalsinner

Bins

I couldn't find it on the website, but here is the exact product

its about $16 in store, I see lots of people using them around here. I guess you gotta get them in store as the website doesn't show them.

edit: found them @ lowes site

Cool Thanks. Yeah those are the bins Im using now. Im moving over to a smaller bin.

D

Donkdbz

Whats stronger and easier to clean the super boxes from lowes or the shipping boxes off global website?

E

easypleasie

I've cleaned the ones from home depot...it's a little bit of a pain cleaning the grooves at the bottom but no biggie. Dunno about the Lowes bins. Global bins are very easy since there are no grooves. Global bins are stronger, especially the lids. They don't flex near as much as the depot lids.

74232d1269297302t-my-journey-mpb-universe-dsc_1666.jpg

You can grow a nice tree in a 5 gallon krusty bucket...anything bigger is an improvement :) DD can grow a 5lb + tree in those little global bins! I think they're more than adequate lol

S

socalsinner

If your anywhere in the West Coast go through this company for the bins and the lids. Akro 35-225 . This company is one of a few nationwide that carry the bins in stock at their warehouse in Oregon. Global and others have akro ship them to you from Ohio. Akro had a warehouse in Cali before but not anymore. Damm I just realized im losing my mind..... lol

D

Donkdbz

off subject but from that site sounds nasty till you realize how it works

L

Lost

Yea, but your sink is supposed to be at least 6 feet away from the toilet (poop cloud dude.. poop cloud..) to be sanitary ...

BUAHAHAHAH!, cool idea tho..

Top Bottom