New blackstars

• Thread starter willy led wonka
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

willy led wonka

i thought they would have already come out with models with the newer types of lenses in them. I havent seen any new models come out from them, just updates to the older versions. I wish they would hurry up already...lol.

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

I would be weary of LED light knockoff's or generic brands. SO much goes into the precision of the circuits used and the mix of spectrum, ect. that few manufacturer's at ALL have been able to produce a LED light that works in both veg and flower. There are lots of LED lights on the market, but VERY few are the ones that actually work. The LED technology still has a ways to go before quality LED's are common place.

If nothing else you will have yourself a really good veg light worst case, provided it doesn't die after it gets hot for a while. Statistics say if you get past the 90 day mark with electronics your more than likely good to go.

W

willy led wonka

I would stay away from the knockoffs as well!! The blackstars are great lights!! I have been using for some time --over a year now without any issues. Well, my biggest issue is that 1 light will veg a plant bigger than it can fower,,lol. So it seems like each plant is taking a light and a half to flower. Under the 500s. You have to get the right size light based on your expectations. As far as led technology goes.....its here and it works. There are plenty of journals on the net. The problem with most of the journals is the the growers are buying the smaller lights and getting great results as far as quality, but some complain about their yield. I have found that the blackstar 500 gives results equal to and better than a 600hps. The 900 blackstar--well, there are no questions, unless 8-10ounces a plant is an issue with you??? lol And maybe more with different strains. This light will produce,,,,,if you're expecting to just throw leds over your grow and compete with hps lights----good luck. It takes some time to figure out the light heights, plant numbers, coverage area, etc. I realize the cost of the 500 and 900 arent cheap compared to hps lights,,,,but you wont see me buying anymore bulbs, ballasts, multiple inline fans, and this list goes on about how easy things can go with the right size leds. My return on investment has been 3-1. YOu will meet your expectations and you will have your patients wanting led smoke before they take your hps smoke. Its weird how they can tell somethings different. I just havent told them what....haha. Anyhow, i need to lay off the wake and bake some...lol. Wonka

Top Bottom