New Cards have a barcode?

• Thread starter pikes peak 69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pikes peak 69

I have an e-mail to the registry to find out about the barcode.
Anybody know what it's used for or even some guesses?

I think may be when you visit a center to scan the card.

pp69

C

cannagirl

Yes the new cards have barcodes and its because a company lobbied the govt to get the contract for over a mil. Claiming it will make it easier to track each gram...

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Yay! Tracking patients consumption....YAY! Then selling that info years down the line to pharmaceutical corporations...YAY!
:lock:
:anim_09:
:rain

T

TyKaycha

So are they actually issuing cards now and not quarter-sheets of paper? Can't understand why they don't issue laminated cards or at least allow one to laminate the sheet of papers they have been issuing!

S

SSHZ

It's the "new" Obama government policy to eliminate paperwork and scan/computerize all information. It's easier for them to tie together all your info in one easy motion- address, income, pot bought, taxes paid, cars owned, personal worth, arrests, lawsuits, jobs held, insurance details, etc., etc. Personally I'm from the east coast and there's no way EVER I'm telling the government I buy and smoke pot. But I understand why others might......

T

TyKaycha

...Personally I'm from the east coast and there's no way EVER I'm telling the government I buy and smoke pot.....

I completely don't understand this. I was raised in D.C., spent most of my life in D.C., went to school with politician's & diplomat's kids in D.C. Inside the beltway was my old stomping grounds. We had a place in Jersey too, and knew people in Jersey & N.Y. - if you know what I mean. I knew where to find what ever you wanted when ever you wanted it. Want a motorcycle with legit-looking papers - done. Name your drug - done. Need a passport from whatever country - done. I knew where to find those products that just happen to fall off the back of the truck. I knew people, knew too many people as a matter of fact. Realized I needed to get my ass outta there before I got in over my head. Joined the military - took almost 4 years for my top secret clearance to go through as there were a ton of follow-up interviews, but I never lied to the g-man investigators. Sure I had friends/acquaintances who had a rap, but doesn't mean I couldn't be trusted as obviously I kept my friends secrets.

What does having a card issued have anything to do with being from the east coast & not wanting the government to know you smoke pot? I told them I smoke it when I filled out my TS paperwork. Sure they piss-tested the hell outta me for a few months but it's better than lying.

So explain to me what is so East Coast about not getting properly registered so you can medicate legally. Personally that's sounds more stupid than East Coast.

(sorry to everyone else for my ranting, that just touch a nerve for some reason...)

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
it's the "new" obama government policy to eliminate paperwork and scan/computerize all information. It's easier for them to tie together all your info in one easy motion- address, income, pot bought, taxes paid, cars owned, personal worth, arrests, lawsuits, jobs held, insurance details, etc., etc. Personally i'm from the east coast and there's no way ever i'm telling the government i buy and smoke pot. But i understand why others might......

stop. Put down the kool-aid. Remove your tinfoil hat!

CloneDoc

CloneDoc

NWO control grid

they finally cashed my check last week. took just over two months, seemed longer though.
i guess mine will be bar-coded. not good.

Yes the new cards have barcodes and its because a company lobbied the govt to get the contract for over a mil. Claiming it will make it easier to track each gram...
the more i learn about 1284 the worse it get's. i think the only good thing to come from 1284 was the higher plant counts but even that is iffy.

Yay! Tracking patients consumption....YAY! Then selling that info years down the line to pharmaceutical corporations...YAY!
:lock:
:anim_09:
:rain

or worse.

T

Tr33hunter

Yep...like Kathleen said "I'd have to grow 12000 plants"

Major fed time

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Seriously, the Department of Revenue has no way of accessing MMC computer systems. I'll post up if they do............... but it doesn't seem like THAT is happening soon.... I do hear rumours about an EYE IN THE SKY in the MMC's to make sure they aren't sliding product out the back door....... I think they are supposed to watch the business side of things, no one cares how much weed you smoke.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Mine has a barcode on it, it's been there for almost a year. One more reason to get a caregiver and not deal with the dispensary system.

P

pikes peak 69

Do you have more info or a link to a story about this? I have never heard about it until now. That could be a confidentially issue.

pp69

F

FreshSteppin

seed to sale. tryin to implement as part of 1284 I believe

Z

zDisturbedz

So explain to me what is so East Coast about not getting properly registered so you can medicate legally. Personally that's sounds more stupid than East Coast.

(sorry to everyone else for my ranting, that just touch a nerve for some reason...)

No rant just a disconnect I guess lol. I grew up on the east coast both parents from North Jersey 20 mins outside NYC. Then I spent my middle and high school years in Maryland. I hung out with guys with strong connections to Baltimore, Philly, D.C., and NY. Been in Colorado for 13 years now and every time I think I miss home I head back for a visit and realize its not the place for me anymore. The swagger and bigger is better attitude is what got all my buddies in jail, glad I got out when I did. I would much rather have my card grow my 6 and keep to myself then try and buy my medication on the street back east. Although from what I have read about the New Jersey medical laws is that they plan on being state run mmc's so I don't know if I would want to buy exclusively from the state all the time. I could be wrong but I think my uncle also said the state is not planning on letting patients grow for themselves in Jersey either.

Its just a completely different animal and political climate back east, bigger governments that refuse to let go, and try to control everything. Maryland is taking a closer look at allowing dispensaries for their patients instead of sending them to the black markets like they have been doing but who knows how that is going to go. Things are slower to take shape back there and I could see where someone that lives back east would be less inclined to allow the gov't access to more info then they already have.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Barcode, I don't care about, it just contains the same info printed on the card.

The good news is even the renewals are good for an extra year, I took two patients in last January and both got their cards this past week, one was a renewal, and both are good until September 2011! So, they get 20 months, or so, per application. Not bad!

T

TyKaycha

...The good news is even the renewals are good for an extra year, I took two patients in last January and both got their cards this past week, one was a renewal, and both are good until September 2011! So, they get 20 months, or so, per application. Not bad!

Nice! Didn't know that.

C

cannagirl

Do you have more info or a link to a story about this? I have never heard about it until now. That could be a confidentially issue.

pp69

Im not ignoring you, Im still trying to find the link where I read that. I pretty sure there was a write up in the Westword about it though. Also the guys at my dispensary said they had heard the same thing...

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
at least at a despensary level, confidentiality is gone with the wind...there is now way to anonomously or confidentially participate in the state program at all, every part of it goin forward is goin to be tracked by specific patient and all out there for the masses to see and use.

The fact that you even have to show your card to proove participaion in a confidential program is a contridiction in itself.

Tex

Top Bottom