new caregiver WA: DWC TIPS PLEASE!!

• Thread starter us2004mc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

us2004mc

Any comments/tips on the pics above? Could really use some help with the white rhino (purple stem)

1bagmonster

1bagmonster

yep that's what im saying once the roots fill the bucket completely that's what happened to me! I did it your way 2 years ago and learned that's a no no when the roots take over that whole 5 gal.

1bagmonster

1bagmonster

purple stems ph and moisture stress hand in hand with heat stress the fucked up 3 amigos lol.same thing here on some clones got but not on the 2 I took myself
Plants 013

U

us2004mc

Ok. So when you had the problem was it too much humidity? Or not enough?. My temp fluctuation is unfortunately about 15-20° for the night cycle. Seattle weather hasn't gotten warm yet. Even with the lights out during the days it will drop that much.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I just drain as best as I can and refill, I do it all from the res. I don't touch my plants at all because all you do is break them, some times the roots grow into the pipes and get ripped off them plug up your pump, not worth it. Having a peak is fine to check on the roots.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Hey all! I'm a noob grower of cannabis as well as the medium with which my main focus is: DWC. So here's the info on the grow so far and would love some help!

5 x 5 tent
6" 350 cfm exhaust fan
1 1000w hid mh/hps mag ballast (mh currently running 24hrs 10th day for all seedlings)
6 single 5gal bucket dwc systems w/ 10" net pots
Floratechnics "recipe for success" kit nutes
All buckets are aerated with medium air stones
Also have 6 in blackgold soil less mix 1 in 3 gallon container, others in smaller containers until transplanting is possible
3 maxi gom's, 5 pure afghans, a w.w x cheese, auto somango, and 2 sleeskunks, all 10days above ground.
Unfortunately they got mixed up in a horrible stoned transplanting accident (my patient had smoked some crazy chronic b4 helping out haha) so hopefully I tell the photoperiods apart.
PPM: 280-300 PH: 6.0-6.3
Here are some pics so far: I have some light yellowing, was told possible iron deficiency. Currently all buckets are on veg nutes (1/3 suggested feeding i.e. 1gallon nutes diluted with 2 gal water). Want to make the best meds possible so all help is welcomed!
View attachment 289424 View attachment 289425 View attachment 289426 View attachment 289428 View attachment 289429 View attachment 289428 View attachment 289429 View attachment 289428 View attachment 289429

Just want to point out that you need to make sure you fill the basket so no light gets in, so pile some hydroTon around the sides.

U

us2004mc

Right on. As for the draining.. I'm not doing an recirculating or ucdwc just single buckets.

scottymonster

scottymonster

IMG 1145
Right on. As for the draining.. I'm not doing an recirculating or ucdwc just single buckets.

Im doing the same exact set up as you and love the buckets will never go back to dirt !!!! love the bubbles man!! lol any how what size air pump you using....the bubbles splash up and keep the young plants from drying out and if you need to run more air or split the line and add more air stones!!!! also the electric temp in the picture is 5 degrees off checked with a thermal laser lol. Don't be afraid to tie them down with pipe cleaners aka[ fuzzy sticks ] wall mart gottem for 2 bucks.. let me know if you got any questions

scottymonster

scottymonster

here is the same lady .. she out grew the 5 gal bucket and I had to do some training on her but shes kinky like that!IMG 1203IMG 1202 didn't mean to hijack your thread! happy farming!

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

I say you should give them 50ppm per inch of plant when they are that little. Also @ woodsmaneh ph up and ph down post I was always under the impression that you either run one or the other? I use 5ml a gallon of calmag from jump street in my ro and that seems to buffer it fine. I have a ph drift never any swings though. If anything all i ever use is ph down because it climbs upwards only. Which is cool because I get to hit the full uptake range on everything. Idk I just thought if your gonna use ph up or ph down that its gotta be just ph up or just ph down... If i ever get to the point where i need to use ph up which is extremely extremely rare i dont even use it cuz i know somethings wrong and that its time for an immediate flush. Thats my theory anyway. Interesting info though i would like to play with that and see what it does.

Latest posts

Top Bottom