New Cbd Regs In The Uk: Are We In For The Same?

• Thread starter DGP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DGP

DGP

When Big Pharma Enters the Cannabis Market will we be screwed by the government in much the same way? Well, when big money comes along my guess is.......well yes.

Posted in Leafly this morning:

https://www.leafly.com/news/politics/breaking-uk-halts-cbd-sales/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Weekend News - Week 38 - Eng&utm_term=Master - Engaged, Active, Passive, or New

"On Monday cannabidiol (CBD) producers and distributors in the UK started to receive letters from the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) demanding that they cease to sell, supply, promote, advertise or process orders for CBD products within 28 days. The letters stated that CBD now satisfies the definition of a medicinal product. The revised definition will leave UK patients with no legal access to CBD".

This story illustrates how legalization may not always help but just leads to a different way to be screwed by regulators and industry with deep pockets.

DP

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

When Big Pharma Enters the Cannabis Market will we be screwed by the government in much the same way? Well, when big money comes along my guess is.......well yes.

Posted in Leafly this morning:

https://www.leafly.com/news/politics/breaking-uk-halts-cbd-sales/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_me dium=email&utm_campaign=Weekend News - Week 38 - Eng&utm_term=Master - Engaged, Active, Passive, or New

"On Monday cannabidiol (CBD) producers and distributors in the UK started to receive letters from the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) demanding that they cease to sell, supply, promote, advertise or process orders for CBD products within 28 days. The letters stated that CBD now satisfies the definition of a medicinal product. The revised definition will leave UK patients with no legal access to CBD".

This story illustrates how legalization may not always help but just leads to a different way to be screwed by regulators and industry with deep pockets.

DP
Lubed

Top Bottom