New Cigarette Bill

• Thread starter Capt. Rebel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Capt. Rebel

Just ran across something I found interesting/disturbing...

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories/2009/06/22/daily16.html?ana=from_rss said:
President Barack Obama signed into law Monday legislation that grants the U.S. Food and Drug Administration authority to regulate tobacco products. The law, which comes 45 years after the FDA linked tobacco use to heart and respiratory disease, will restrict tobacco advertising, ban candy and fruit-flavored cigarettes, and require large, graphic health warnings to cover the top half of all cigarette packages.

The bill also prohibits cigarette companies from marketing their products as “light,” “low-tar” and “mild.”

However, the bill does not ban menthol-flavored cigarettes. One of America’s leading menthol producers, the Altria Group, has expressed its support of the bill. The Altria Group, based in Henrico, Va., is the parent company of Philip Morris USA and its Marlboro Menthols are the country’s second-leading menthol brand after Lorillard Tobacco Co.’s Newport brand. Lorillard issued an earlier statement saying it “opposes legislation that would [allow] the FDA to regulate the tobacco industry.”

You can follow the quoted url for the source.

Bye-bye blunt wraps?

F

Fredrik Lemon

Bye-bye blunt wraps?

Hehe yes been following this on CSPAN and printed snewz for 6-8 weeks now.
The wife is an asst mgr at a gas station, told her she won't havta worry about ordering the flavors any longer.... "no more candy/ fruity flavors allowed under new law.....
She said some cigs company's have already started switching labels to "Color Coding" their packages because of the new standards of no more claiming low tar, light, mild, etc.....

Of course as far as flavored wraps/ cigars go..... this is USA only.. there's still mail order if you really desire to flavor your weed.
Personally I go for the pure spliff when wanting a great buzz..... and a when wanting a bit of a buzz I go for a lil added baccy..... Camel.
:joint:
Of course there's always the sneaky cig looking hitter that's always in my pocket too.:banana:

Fred

F

FastForward

We've had no references to 'lite' etc. in our cig advertising for a while now (across good ole Yurp). In recent years we've had nasty images added.... this is what a typical pack looks like over here in the UK:

IMG 8365

IMG 8366

This is a good one - because it's pretty unlikely I'm going to get pregnant any time soon (or laid for that matter, but that's a whole different story.. :))

N

Nuglover

This is a good one - because it's pretty unlikely I'm going to get pregnant any time soon (or laid for that matter, but that's a whole different story.. :))

You could always crawl up a chicken's ass and wait. LOL:)
(sorry...couldn't resist)

P

Papa_kush

LMAO @ nugluvr^^^

But seriously this wont have any effect on me being able to buy a peach opti right?

C

Capt. Rebel

Meh, I can live without the blunts, it's just the fact that now the gov'ment is telling me that I can't have something (else), so I wants it, just 'cus of who I am. :middlefinger

Honestly though, seems a dangerous precedent. What's next, wine coolers? flavored lubricants? strippers named Candy?

The whole thing just chaps my rebel ass. :mooning

Top Bottom