New Clone Issues

• Thread starter DrOctogon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DrOctogon

just tp’d these into 3 gal pots Monday. Gave about 3000ml of feed at 400ppm. Soil is straight Promix HP. Was wondering if I need to do a calmag foliar spray. Pots are still pretty heavy and wet
Still trying to figure out the promix stuff and watering in it.

New clone issues
New clone issues 2
New clone issues 3
New clone issues 4
New clone issues 5
New clone issues 6
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Promix is charged with 1000 ppm of base nutes and needs no fertilizer added for the first week or two. Or more for young plants and seedlings.

The pt horticulture (pro mix parent company) website instructs to water with unadjusted tap water the first week to keep the ph up while the lime charges and activates.

D

DrOctogon

Promix is charged with 1000 ppm of base nutes and needs no fertilizer added for the first week or two. Or more for young plants and seedlings.

The pt horticulture (pro mix parent company) website instructs to water with unadjusted tap water the first week to keep the ph up while the lime charges and activates.

So do you think they need to be flushed or let them go until they are dry and give water the next feed. I’m using RO water btw

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So do you think they need to be flushed or let them go until they are dry and give water the next feed. I’m using RO water btw

I would let them dry out and just water to a good runoff.

Also are you sure you need ro water? Tap works better unless it is rally bad.

D

DrOctogon

Not sure what the ppm of it is. It’s my buddies place and it was all setup before I got here. Last time I tp’d in 3 gals I gave some superthrive and they did the same thing but I only gave them 1500ml and the next water which was 4 days later I have a 4-500 ppm Fred and the green started coming around.

D

DrOctogon

I use well water. But it is relatively soft at 100-150 ppm total mineral content.

Maybe the 3000ml was too much water for the first feed. I usually don’t give them that much water from the cloner to the 3 gals but the mor I’ve been reading on transplanting, people say to saturate the soil so I gave them more water this time

Polar510

Polar510

I used to saturate soil fully when I transplanted(what I was told) but now I'm not a fan.
I usually water lightly not even to run off. Then when the leaves start to droop or the pot feels really light I water a little heavier. I keep doing this until the roots have filled the pot. When the roots occupy the pot then its ok to give them a nice soaking.
When You fully saturate a 3 gallon pot with a clone in it takes forever to launch.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Maybe the 3000ml was too much water for the first feed. I usually don’t give them that much water from the cloner to the 3 gals but the mor I’ve been reading on transplanting, people say to saturate the soil so I gave them more water this time

I always saturate to some runoff. Even for seedling party cups. It’s watering too soon again that causes the problems.

D

DrOctogon

I always saturate to some runoff. Even for seedling party cups. It’s watering too soon again that causes the problems.

Yeah I haven’t watered since. Hopefully tomorrow or Saturday I’ll be able
To water again. Like I said I tp’d Monday so it should be good by then to water. So just give them a regular water feed ph’d to 6.3? Any calmag to buffer the RO? Just something so the meter can catch and properly ph it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah I haven’t watered since. Hopefully tomorrow or Saturday I’ll be able
To water again. Like I said I tp’d Monday so it should be good by then to water. So just give them a regular water feed ph’d to 6.3? Any calmag to buffer the RO? Just something so the meter can catch and properly ph it.

I never ph adjust in buffered soil. The lime or oyster shell does that.

As far as ro and cal mag I have only had problems. I would mix the well water with ro down to 150 ppm instead.

Unless it’s toxic or something.

D

DrOctogon

I never ph adjust in buffered soil. The lime or oyster shell does that.

As far as ro and cal mag I have only had problems. I would mix the well water with ro down to 150 ppm instead.

Unless it’s toxic or something.

Really? Throughout the whole plant cycle? I tp into 20-25 gals after these 3 gallons with promix HP as well. We use it all the way through. And generally we feed on every water but I’ve been trying to do a water/feed on off schedule. Ppm gets about 1400 during peak flower. All the way through adjusting ph to be between 6.1-6.5

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Really? Throughout the whole plant cycle? I tp into 20-25 gals after these 3 gallons with promix HP as well. We use it all the way through. And generally we feed on every water but I’ve been trying to do a water/feed on off schedule. Ppm gets about 1400 during peak flower. All the way through adjusting ph to be between 6.1-6.5

Hey if it works it works. Every grow is different. My soft water and ph down acidified my soil over time and yellows my plants.

I feed every time in flower once the soil is out of nutrients but never get much past half your Ppm’s.

But I flower indoor in a 3-5 gallon pot.

Also I use ocean forest for a while now.

Polar510

Polar510

I used "Strawberry Fields" soil for My clones last time, its good stuff not to hot for small plants.

Top Bottom