New clones forming new yellow leafs from middle top

• Thread starter Hydromaniac
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hydromaniac

so this is my first post here i am a first grower, growing in DWC bubble buckets. growing 2 bubble gum
kush and 3 pure kush. i got these clones in 1.5 inch rockwools 3 days ago all were showing some roots so i put them into my 6" rockwools in my dwc water. first day they started turning a little yellow but after adjusting ph they improved, now today they have small new grown leafs coming from top that all look pale/ yellow. what is going on? any help is appreciated.. (if you think its nute burn please tell me what i can do)
Ph is @ 5.5-6
water temp 69-72
room temp day (78-80) night (72-75)
nutes i am using is botanicare, pure blend and cal mag.
I am using tap water until i receive my r/o system next week. i get 400ppm

total ppm after transfered into 6" rockwool is 1000 (tap water ppm included) 5ml pure blend / gallon and 2ml cal mag /gallon.

any help is appreciated!

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Did you precharge the cube's pH? They need to be soaked in 5.0-5.3 water overnight. Also 1000ppms for clones sounds like a bit much..

Can you post pics?

GR33N

P

paulycali

Pics would be so much easier. Doubt your overfeeding them as your really only giving them 600 ppm's of nutrients. That's perfectly fine. The tap waters ppm doesnt matter to much. Its micronutrients anyways. Shoot us some pics please :)

H

Hydromaniac

Here are photos of my 3 pure kushs. my bubble gum kush doesnt show this yellowing yet. (although it had a bit yellow leaves in the beginning due to bad ph but after adjustments it turned to green )
I totally forgot to down the ph on the 6" rockwool but I did that yesterday I took em all off and soaked it in 5.5 ph water for 1 hour.
thanks for your helps.

(also someone in a different forum told me i dont need to use mag/cal with tap water, does anyone think this is true?)

IMG 20130117 013551
Classic Remix

Classic Remix

(also someone in a different forum told me i dont need to use mag/cal with tap water, does anyone think this is true?)
There are opinions everywhere, question everything!

First thing I thought was that dude is quite presumptuous to know what's in your tap water. LOL

H

Hydromaniac

thanks for the reply i will try somethings but still any other advice would be nice

H

Hydromaniac

okay thank you, i changed the waters today and set ppm to 750-800, i am hoping that'll help out a bit, cant wait till i get my r/o system so i can follow the feeding schedule with my ppms going too high. thanks a lot for your inputs

Baylife

Baylife

I wouldn't use cal-mag until you see some sort of deficiency...these days it seems everyone uses cal-mag from the get go which is simply bandwagon growing. Cannabis requires different nutrients at different times through out it's life. A lot of people use superthrive from the get go which is strange...superthrive is not gunna be the difference between transplant shock and no transplant shock....but it can cause nutrient lockout. As far as the base nutrient I would hold off a bit. Let her grow on her own for a bit. less is more in the beginning my friend they love it. People love "accessories" and "addons" but growing pot isn't the arena for this type of mentality. With any type of hydroponics you really want to use RO water....water is essentially the medium therefore you want to strive for the purest you can.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've gotta disagree on not using calcium from the get-go. It's immobile and if you wait til you see deficiencies then you've waited too long and you'll be chasing your tail trying to correct it. Mg is mobile and perfectly correctable. Of course, this is the main reason why I recommend feeding Ca separately from Mg, or using a Ca-Mg product with the right ratio (minimum 4:1, 6:1 is better).
Did you precharge the cube's pH? They need to be soaked in 5.0-5.3 water overnight. Also 1000ppms for clones sounds like a bit much..

Can you post pics?

GR33N
Also thinking that the pH range the OP is using may be a bit too high. IIRC, for rockwool it should be lower than coir, and what they're reporting is the range I'd be using for coir. 100% agreed on the feeding strength.
What you're showing looks a lot like a Fe- to me. Definitely could simply be locked out due to pH range, have you tried pushing it a bit lower, along with dropping the feed strength?
okay thank you, i changed the waters today and set ppm to 750-800, i am hoping that'll help out a bit, cant wait till i get my r/o system so i can follow the feeding schedule with my ppms going too high. thanks a lot for your inputs
Learn to read the plant, it's a better indicator than a feeding schedule. ;)

Dunge

Dunge

I have never been concerned about new growth being yellow/green.
I see it more as the result of rapid new growth.
I'd bet it has turned dark green by now.

Baylife

Baylife

I have never been concerned about new growth being yellow/green.
I see it more as the result of rapid new growth.
I'd bet it has turned dark green by now.

New growth is almost always light green. Now I haven't grown even close to a majority of the strains available to grow but I would assume this to be true for all them using the science of statistics. If new growth is straight up yellow then that's odd....but u should do fine with just lowering the ppm.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...to the original poster, as a brand new grower it may be better for you to consider a more forgiving method until you gain some experience, DWC can produce some amazing results but it can be very finicky for the unfamiliar.

you'll notice also that sometimes the advice you get when you need help is conflicting and confusing, ...when you need to learn something it is far better to go hunting for your answers among the sticky's and older threads, you won't get personal attention this way but you will learn MUCH faster.

personally though, i always recommend coco hempy buckets KISS style for new growers because they are brain dead easy to run so you really have time to relax and learn to read your plants, plus, the results can be almost as amazing as DWC, without all the drama.

...these were grown in 2 liter Coke bottle coco hempy's back when i was first learning the technique.

Aaa

103 0002

103 0006

peace, bozo

Latest posts

Top Bottom