New cloning setup. First time cloning.

• Thread starter Steveystrappa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Steveystrappa

Steveystrappa

OP you did the right thing with the light and that's a big reason they look so good.
Hey aquaman. Coming on day 6 clones. I had one withering away and this morning was on its side. Kind of expected to lose a couple. But all the others seem great and even are starting to move with the light. I just took this picture I believe these are some roots? I just checked one but the other one is coming out the corner and back down. Not big white and fluffy like the pictures tho. Roots correct? I'm still leaving them in tray for a few days or more just was curiois.

20210613 111021
20210613 111430
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i dont see any roots yet, but i might just be blind! on the first pic the little white hair looking thing left of the brown thing might just be the start of a root showing through. if it were me... lol... but i would raise them off the bottom of the tray by just about an inch. then let them dry just a bit but keep water under them. this way they are not wet and prone to rotting, but the roots can get to the water under if they want it. then dome them when they have dried just a bit. im afraid you might end up with a root rot issue.

i just did some clones from the bag seed i grew, just to see if i could get them started. the plants were in flower when i got this bright idea, but it worked well. i just stuck them in a container of water next to my desk so i paid attention, not much light just an east window near, and changed it every day or three. i dipped each in gel before i stuck them in the water, not sure that did anything since it rinsed off and i changed the water fairly often. but they grew roots in about a week and enough to plant in about 10 days. i put them in solo cups of soil, they were small but started growing crazy looking leaves or these curlie que looking things that turned into leaves that looked like some other plant invaded my cannabis! they finally started making things that you might know are cannabis, but no where near normal yet. but since i have an auto tent these can recover and veg for a very long time (till i bite the bullet and buy the next tent for 12 hour cycle)

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
Here's a pic of the crazy leaves, they start as a curly que and have no serrations, weird looking things!

20210613 114653

Steveystrappa

Steveystrappa

I am almost positive these are roots I just noticed that one on top and I look at them throughout the day constantly to check for health. I agree they look too moist so I did raise tray up a little from bottom tray to get some airflow. I'm not 100% certain tho I'm just gonna continue to do what I'm doing. They aren't dead yet and it's been 6 days and I can keep hood off for a few hours with no effect.

Screenshot 20210613 122042 Gallery
dire wolf

dire wolf

I am almost positive these are roots I just noticed that one on top and I look at them throughout the day constantly to check for health. I agree they look too moist so I did raise tray up a little from bottom tray to get some airflow. I'm not 100% certain tho I'm just gonna continue to do what I'm doing. They aren't dead yet and it's been 6 days and I can keep hood off for a few hours with no effect.
They are roots , and your plugs are too wet
Don't let them sit in water ...at all , I would even be tempted to squeeze gently like a sponge and get rid of some of that soaked plug , roots don't like soaking wet

Steveystrappa

Steveystrappa

They are roots , and your plugs are too wet
Don't let them sit in water ...at all , I would even be tempted to squeeze gently like a sponge and get rid of some of that soaked plug , roots don't like soaking wet
Yeah I realized they are too wet. Lifted first tray up to allow airflow underneath to dry them out a bit

Dank.in.Donuts

Dank.in.Donuts

Anybody from the 80’s remember the phototron? Kinda resembles that

nice set up
Just looking here for cloning tips. Yep I remember when they came out with it I either saw it in High Times or Guitar Magazine. It was like 900$ I remember and we were like 15 talking about saving to get one

Steveystrappa

Steveystrappa

Anybody from the 80’s remember the phototron? Kinda resembles that

nice set up
Is this what your talking about? It was my girlfriends it had been tucked away in storage for years and I just found it. The thing is badass! Completel led side lighting. Heated base. It did look old. Especially the wiring. I have it in my living room while I'm flowering some plants. Cool little contraption

20210613 153717
Steveystrappa

Steveystrappa

I think this plug tells the whole story hahaha 😆 definitely not from the last 25 years

20210613 154537
Moshmen

Moshmen

Is this what your talking about? It was my girlfriends it had been tucked away in storage for years and I just found it. The thing is badass! Completel led side lighting. Heated base. It did look old. Especially the wiring. I have it in my living room while I'm flowering some plants. Cool little contraption
Sure looks like one!

Steveystrappa

Steveystrappa

3 of my clones that made it.
All my red runtz clones survived but for some reason my sweathelmet didn't take. Oh well.

20210627 135457
Top Bottom