New Colorado law regarding pain meds ?

• Thread starter Bubblehaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

A20Grower

Lots of misinformation in this thread.

Until the medical use of marijuana is accepted on a national level, no insurance carrier will cover MMJ-related claims.

If we're discussing private, individual insurance, in Colorado we have medical underwriting. When you apply and ask the insurance company to take you on as a risk, they are going to check your medical records. Not every carrier asks about marijuana specifically, and things like pre-existing health conditions, recent claims or medications could present problems. There's always Cover Colorado, our state's high risk pool. However, with that pool's increased utilization the premiums don't make sense for some people, even though it's subsidized for low income families. So we've solved the problem of access, how do we solve the problem of cost?

Nearly all carriers will rate up for tobacco use, no surprise there.

The only insurance company that would drug test would be an employer based workers comp claim, and even then a positive drug test doesn't mean denial.

Also, A20 specifically states that insurance carriers don't have to cover MMJ-related claims, so none will.

With regards to our healthcare system, there are two crises: cost and access. It was pretty easy for obama et al to pass a bill that says, 'cover 39 million more people' and solve the access part. It's a lot more difficult to address costs, since our healthcare system affects about 1/6th of our economy.

Health insurance is expensive because health care is expensive. If you think insurance is expensive now, just wait until 2014 when it's 'free'.

Tripsick

Tripsick

Yeah im guessing if you Act like a drug seeker most docs will kick you to the curb. (refill early and a countless other actions that lead them to think that way of you)
If you find the right one they dont care and will not drug test you. You just need to tell them straight up that you use what you do... or maybe you will end up with a doctor that will recommend MMJ. Neuros are the ones that are all for mmj. They are out there but im guessing it depends on whats wrong with you.

Im in colorado and the pain pill issue was only an issue with one of my doctors and that was because he says he didnt know about the mmj and he just wanted to know about it.

But now its the first thing i write on my medical papers when i see a new doctor.
and i make sure its one of the first things we talk about so there is no issues down the road... Now these same docs will drug test others but not me. so i guess its all about the way you present it. And if you can pick your own doctor and not forced into one then you can always go to the next one.

I'm not aware of any new law that says MMJ or pain meds.

you would think they would come out with no Benzo / Opiate /sleeping med combo law.. and that shit is prescribed in those combos all day every day.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

It was bothering me when I heard they won't prescribe pain meds and mmj and it brought a good question to my attention. If marijuana is now a medicine exactly what category is it in (in the eyes of the doctor/med community). I personally don't think there is a new law pertaining to this I was repeating what the Pm doctor said. I was hoping someone could find this law he speaks of.
I guess my wife is fine with his decision. They switched her from oxy's to morphine anyway and the morphine were not working even close to the same. I can say I am happy that she isn't gonna take them no more but it puts allot of pressure to keep MMJ stocked up which hasn't been easy at this time. I am actually paying more here than I was in Fl. for stuff that of less quality. Her scripts were covered by insurance they were way cheaper. Thanks for the input and help.

Melizzard

Melizzard

Well Bubble, did she start the oil last night? That should fix her right up when she works up to 1/8 or 1/4 gm twice a day. Morphine should soon be a thing of the past! :)

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Well Bubble, did she start the oil last night? That should fix her right up when she works up to 1/8 or 1/4 gm twice a day. Morphine should soon be a thing of the past! :)

It worked great It gave her a bit of a headache but I think its a common thing with her ingesting mmj. It didn't make her sick which is a big factor even with the pain meds she had to take half doses. She only took a very small amount yesterday maybe a 10th of a g. . She plans on taking it after she eats next time and see if that helps.

Thanks again

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
The recommended way to start PTO is to take it right before you go to sleep, and do that for the first few doses, until your body gets used to it....I think they want you to get to a gram a day as fast as you can, and then take a gram a day for 60 days. I use those Gel Caps, the "0" size, from Vitamin Cottage, and I made a whole syringe worth at once. Just popped one a couple times a day, like a Tylenol!

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

The recommended way to start PTO is to take it right before you go to sleep, and do that for the first few doses, until your body gets used to it....I think they want you to get to a gram a day as fast as you can, and then take a gram a day for 60 days. I use those Gel Caps, the "0" size, from Vitamin Cottage, and I made a whole syringe worth at once. Just popped one a couple times a day, like a Tylenol!

Thanks for the info B.S.. I will pass it on to her she has a high tolerance to smoking just didn't know if it was gonna make her sick. A gram a day seems like a good amount to start to me.The stuff we have now is so thick she just broke a piece off and swallowed it. I will be fishing for a good recipe soon to make my own. I was wondering is that something you can make out of trimmings or does it require the whole bud.

Melizzard

Melizzard

Bud, Bubble's wife won't need a gram a day .... that is ONLY for cancer. You don't need a gram a day either. More than about 1/2 gram per day ... and for most, 1/4 gram per day will suffice ... is just overkill and wasteful. Of course, if you're growing your own and have lots to spare, waste away! :)

Bubble, please let me know if her taking it after a meal works better for her. And did it help with the pain?

xxoo

Melizzard

Melizzard

Mel uses the entire plant in her oil.

s h

Actually, I had been using whole plant minus the solid buds. Most growers were willing to part with sugar/shade leaves and popcorn bud. Interestingly, and strangely, enough, our recent testing has shown that between oil made from straight bud, and oil made from whole plant had the same THC content, but get this: LESS CBD! There went MY theory! LOL Thank God for labs! ROFL

Anyway, it's bud only for cancer any more (from me anyway). Bubble, the oil you have is made from trim. I have seen trim oil work for everything BUT cancer, so from what I've seen, and the test results, my theory is that oil made from trim is great medicine ... but for cancer, I think we need the higher CBD content for sure ... and still decent THC. When they can work together (THC and CBD) in one's body, that's the best-case scenario, IMO.

sky high

sky high

You may have to sue the Hospital and any affiliates the doctor may have because, as in my case, it was (is) a hospital-wide policy that ANY physician who utilizes the hospital facilities cannot write a rec or be involved in MMJ treatment whatsoever. I don't know how it works in other small towns, but this policy has been in place here since MMJ came on the scene and I haven't heard anything about it being revoked/changed at the local hospital. (the only hospital in the area)

R

Rednick

The psych medication market alone makes them billions, I'd imagine medical marijuana is costing the pharmacology market billions in lost revenues. I'd love to see the spreadsheets for pharmaceutical sales in the mmj states before and annually after medical marijuana was allowed.
:

Growing up there were so many kids I knew being prescribed: Prozac, Ritalin, depresents, others...
And all they really wanted was a joint.
Real moral conflict, eh. Between what is legal/illegal?
High schools are a fucking cash cow for pharma. "What your kid going through puberty and put in a cattle-pen with hundreds/thousands of other kids? And you say he is acting strange. I assume he is still covered by your health insurance, too. Great!
We have a pill for that! Oh, that didn't work well let's change the dossage/pill.

New ad campaign:
"Don't give your kid any drugs you will not take yourself"
My parents would have never given my brother that much legal speed if they had actually taken it. But the Doctors convinced them that it worked differently in HIS brain.
Or
"I listen to my doctor, Doctor Dre 'Smoke weed everyday'"

K

Killerapplesauc

Time for a new Doctor

I don't know what your situation is with your doctor, if you told him you where on the registry or if he or she was the one who recommended it ect.. but if my doctor told me that I would be getting a new doc the next day I bet he also tells you to take 2 Tylenol with that morphine LMAO

Rednick I hear you they where feeding me Ritalin when I was 5 years old (would love to meet that doc in a dark alley) and 33 years latter still having problems because of it most of these asshole doctors love to push their pharmaceutical dope down your throat and then try to stand all high and mighty and tell everyone that cannabis is bad. See are problem is we can't afford to send the docs on golf trips to Florida or pay for underage hookers like Eli Lilly can.

R

Rednick

But maybe we can get Eli Lilly to pay for our hookers? Not much of a golfer myself.

B

brncow

They drug test and you cannot mask it because they check her med levels in it.
Even at 275 its expensive for me. I am used to paying 250 in a non med state for better stuff.
I am growing my own but its taking hella long to get meds from start.

They won't force her to give up her card. The PM doctor will just drop her as a patient. They made her sign a contract. She can go there and get her muscle relaxers and other meds while keeping her card and using mmj just no pain meds while using the mmj. Don't make sense to me..
The doctors are doing this at private practices also in non med states...TX for one...must be a plan to drop off smokers from the pain clinics. Cheaper and less scripts written...

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Growing up there were so many kids I knew being prescribed: Prozac, Ritalin, depresents, others...
And all they really wanted was a joint.
Real moral conflict, eh. Between what is legal/illegal?
High schools are a fucking cash cow for pharma. "What your kid going through puberty and put in a cattle-pen with hundreds/thousands of other kids? And you say he is acting strange. I assume he is still covered by your health insurance, too. Great!
We have a pill for that! Oh, that didn't work well let's change the dossage/pill.

New ad campaign:
"Don't give your kid any drugs you will not take yourself"
My parents would have never given my brother that much legal speed if they had actually taken it. But the Doctors convinced them that it worked differently in HIS brain.
Or
"I listen to my doctor, Doctor Dre 'Smoke weed everyday'"

Most of the kids I grew up with that were riddalin/aderol junkies became other types of junkies as they got older. Although most of the "functioning" ones just upgraded their scripts to xanax, percoset, zoloft, paxil, prozac, oxycotin, wellbutrin, effexor, seroquel, etc. Pharma 4 LYFE!

And now adays, some people's parents are just as hooked, if not more, as their kids are. But I agree, some of us had parents with enough sense that if they knew what those drugs did, they would never put kids on them. But doctor knows best, right? The body has zero coping mechanisms for your problems, only pills will fix you. You should see what is going on in the hills of Kentucky and Tennessee....

K

Killerapplesauc

The sad thing is that the USA consumes 80% of the pharmaceuticals produced in the world that should tell you something about the relationships are doctors have with the drug companies.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I'm making my friend some ganja ginger snaps to help him with the horrible oxy withdrawls he is going through at the moment.

Please watch this video on oxy abuse in the USA.

http://blog.hulu.com/2009/10/08/first-look-vanguards-oxycontin-express/

Thats where I just came from. My friends that still live there spend a week trying to fill there oxy's because all the pharmacy's run out. The doctors office looks like the corner crack house 100's of people waiting every day and thats not an exaggeration. About 1 person out of 20 that I know that are prescribed really need the oxy's the rest get it for bullshit old injuries. Some of my friends get massive amounts prescribed at real high doses . Its sad 100% pill form heroin if you ask me. I wonder if the oxy companies own the Suboxin and Methadone companies as well. Get you hooked they make money . Decide to quit they still make money. I feel bad for all the normal people who get sucked into that lifestyle trying to solve a health issue.

The worst part is they come and visit they bring there 150 oxy's 90 valume 150 somas and 150 zanax right on the plane strait through security.
But I have to leave my medicine at home when I go visit them not even edibles legally not even if going to another med state. Seems a little one sided they should allow up to so much for travelling.
They should have a travelling permit for the mmj so you could take your meds with you.

C

canaguy27

They should have a travelling permit for the mmj so you could take your meds with you.

From what I heard, you can take them with you to states we have reciprocity with ON THE PLANE. An MMC owner even said TSA has special bags from MMJ. I have not yet confirmed it though.

Top Bottom