New Cultured Solutions Formulation

• Thread starter slimjimham
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
slimjimham

slimjimham

Hey guys, I recently saw on their instagram page that cultured solutions recently switched to a larger manufacturer and reformulated the line.

I'm excited to see what it's all about. Wondering if anyone has been using the new line and what you think of it.

Thanks!

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Hey guys, I recently saw on their instagram page that cultured solutions recently switched to a larger manufacturer and reformulated the line.

I'm excited to see what it's all about. Wondering if anyone has been using the new line and what you think of it.

Thanks!
Just received the whole line. Idk if it's new formula?

Received 1307984305908305
UCMENOW

UCMENOW

My friend (retail store owner) received an email from CC that touched on various topics, including this.

"We're reaching out to announce the release of our newly updated Cultured Solutions line of premium hydroponic plant nutrients! Our refined Cultured Solutions formulations provide the same proven NPK and micro nutrient ratios as our previous blends but now with a professional new look and better performance.

We’ve improved the sources of key inputs resulting in a reduction in unwanted impurities and associated heavy metals. These refinements have a direct impact on the quality and healthfulness of the food, fiber and medicine grown with Cultured Solutions.

What you can expect:

- Increased Yields and Quality due to our higher grade inputs.
- Standardized pH of each blend results in less time adjusting pH and better overall nutrient stability.
- Intensively Filtered blends assure a clean and sterile nutrient solution every time.
- More Concentrated for lower usage rates and better value to your growers.
- Updated Look of our Cultured Solutions branding is as professional as the contents in the bottles."

I checked it out, the solution looks clean and hit my necessary pH targets without any adjustments. I like it so far.

IMG 0582
IMG 0663
timmur

timmur

Gotta weigh in here. I was given free samples of the new line. If you check out my thread, you'll see that I was struggling with Veg & Bloom. I reached out to Current Cultures sales for some help and they responded by providing some free samples. I'm not trying to knock Veg & Bloom, but I simply couldn't get them dialed. Once I received the samples I immediately pumped down the system and used the new CS line at slightly below the recommended levels and my problems went away. In fairness, I did start using cal/mag just before this, but I don't think that was all of the issue. I can say that the plants responded favorable within a couple of days and I haven't looked back since.

The ironic part is that my initial plan when I started out was to use the CS line, but I got excited by all of the posts with all of the positive feedback for Veg & Bloom. I wish that I had stuck to my original plan as my nute issues cost me 2-3 weeks and a lot of aggravation. Based on this limited experience, it would take a whole lot to get me to switch. The pH is very stable. I rarely adjust the pH at all.

Ace Malawi And Cycloptics Greenbeams: Caught In The Under Current!

slimjimham

slimjimham

I just pulled the trigger and re ordered the full line of the new formulation. I still have half full 2.5gallon jugs of the old formulation that I gotta throw away... Hope this new formulation doesn't turn out to be the same way but I'm feeling confident they got it right if they're willing to send out samples

slimjimham

slimjimham

@timmur how much cal mag are you using per gallon and what's that bring your starting ppm up to before adding anything else? I think I'm using 2ml per gallon bringing my ppm to 80 on the 500 scale (starting water is 0ppm ro)

timmur

timmur

I'm using 1 ml/gal. Not sure cause I only check it once, but it brings me up to about 100 on the 500 scale. My RO water is @ 30 ppm to start.

snoopytime

snoopytime

Once I received the samples I immediately pumped down the system and used the new CS line at slightly below the recommended levels and my problems went away.

Hi Tim we experienced the same thing, now were getting the demo pack in a few days . . would you plz elaborate on the bold quote above . . i.e. 'how much less than reccomended' seems to be perfect for you?

thxx!

timmur

timmur

I'm afraid I'm going to have to eat my words (kinda). I was @ 550 PPM (500 scale) and I've been seeing a bit of tip burn so I'm dropping back. Right now I'm at 500 and that is exactly what the feeding schedule calls for. I'm thinking that I should be @ about 450 if that makes sense. I hope that helps!

R

robz

Just got a sample today & I hope to god its better then the previous product as I had nothing but deficiencies & issues for two grow . They sent 1gal. Jugs & I've got to throw out over 5 gal. Of the old shi .

RoeBuck

RoeBuck

My samples came the end of last week and I'll be starting up with them in a couple of weeks. I've been using H&G so far and am looking forward to seeing how the CS compare. In 5-6 weeks I'll be finishing up the grow in my second system. I'll be running some Blue Dream that I've run before using H&G, so I'll be interested to see any differences.

RoeBuck

RoeBuck

I'm using 1 ml/gal. Not sure cause I only check it once, but it brings me up to about 100 on the 500 scale. My RO water is @ 30 ppm to start.

I also use 1 ml per gallon in RO that's 25 ppm/500 scale. I shoot for 100 ppm, 125 max. I've learned that higher levels can lock out nutrient uptake and stunt root growth.

acidreign

acidreign

Everyone knows there's a new feed schedule out for this new line. I talked to tech support becauuse the ratios were COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than what has been put forward to this point. Apparently the deficiencies were because they were using too much boost and not enough base in mid flowering. And this formula is nuch more concentrated, and calls for much lower ml/gal. FOr example, week 5 in the old formula was 7ml-A 7ml-B- & 7ml mid boost. new is 4.5A,4.5B, 3 Boost!!!! So much different. Makes you wonder
CC2016

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

To confirm the new blends are more concentrated. This new schedule is based on the same prior scedule with adjustments made to accomodate the higher concentration and addition of Coco Cal.
No deficiencies have been related to the Bud Booster and ratios have maintained. Generally in water culture deficiency symptoms are relative to excess more often then a deficiency. How is your plant health?

acidreign

acidreign

Really good actually, if the same ratios are maintained, I'm happy. If it did change, I would be disappointed to think I could have produced more with a finer tuned feeding schedule. I flushed at half strength with 3 ml roots for 24 and slowly ramped it back up with the new formula and 1/4 ml/gal botanicare calmag(cant get cococal yet?) in 10 PPM RO . I feel it was a little hot at the previous ratio at 600-650, got some salt build up(not really a deficiency), and my KINDs were too close at 2 feet!. They look happier around 580 with the new formula, and the LEDs at 30".

Last edited:
U

Unicorns

I just pulled the trigger and re ordered the full line of the new formulation. I still have half full 2.5gallon jugs of the old formulation that I gotta throw away... Hope this new formulation doesn't turn out to be the same way but I'm feeling confident they got it right if they're willing to send out samples
Can the old line be used with the new line? I also have 2 gallons of each old nutrient except Bloom B because of a contamination.

acidreign

acidreign

I'll defer to the experts if I'm wrong, but I was told by A CC support person that the base concentrations are what is different.

Latest posts

Top Bottom