New Deficiency...

• Thread starter slimjimham
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hiiipower

hiiipower

Anyone else have experience with nutrient uptake changing drastically with change in air input?

I've heard for so long that the more air the better, I did follow their instructors so we'll see but it seems like pulling an air pump is wrong ha

Just wanted to add that I run the supercharged cc feeding schedule, so 1/5lpm/g of air. But I know guys who do just as well as I do running almost no air and slamming them with an ec of 2.5. They pull really good yields. I'm pretty convinced that it doesn't matter which way you want to take, either the high yield schedule or the supercharged schedule, and you'll get the same results in the same environment. Only thing I like about supercharged is the money savings in nutes(which on a large scale makes almost all other ways of growing crops highly inefficient and not earth friendly, comparably) and it's way easier to keep nice healthy white vibrant roots with all that extra air, which I like to think adds to the end quality, but I haven't done a side by side(my next project!) so idk.

slimjimham

slimjimham

Cool I really appreciate your input. Like said I'm at 38 lpm now for the system (manufacturer specs)

For the uc4xl (around 30-35gallons)

Using the uc feed chart what would you top out for ppm? 550?

Also crazy air input seems to be so important but it's talked about so little. I think cultured solutions is the only chart I've seen that takes it into consideration.

For the time I think I'm going to up the calmag ppm about 20 ppm (110-120 total 500 scale) and top out at 550 ppm total with the rest of the nutrients

Last edited:
hiiipower

hiiipower

Cool I really appreciate your input. Like said I'm at 38 lpm now for the system (manufacturer specs)

For the uc4xl (around 30-35gallons)

Using the uc feed chart what would you top out for ppm? 550?

Also crazy air input seems to be so important but it's talked about so little. I think cultured solutions is the only chart I've seen that takes it into consideration.

For the time I think I'm going to up the calmag ppm about 20 ppm (110-120 total 500 scale) and top out at 550 ppm total with the rest of the nutrients

Anytime. I struggled with hydro for wayyy too long and was in the dark because your right, NO ONE talks about supercharged rwdc. So I'm happy to try and help now. Water is a real bitch, but when you figure it out it's a blast. Your defieciency really isn't all that bad either btw. When it's really overnuted you'll see tons of yellow dotting everywhere, looking like its a calcium deficiency, when yes in coco, soil, or any other media that would probably be right, but in supercharged rdwc it's mainly over feeding, I find...

I'd cut an air stone out, r else dial down your pump to 3/4 strength to make it pump at about 30 lpm. That will make your plants less sensitive to your nutes and might even take away those little spots your seeing. Don't add cal/mag if your running cultured solutions nutes. There's plenty of cal, unless your growing a finicky strain(any blueberry I have in rdwc needs cal like a mofo), other than that leave it out.

I can't tell from your whiteboard but it looks like on at least a few days the plants did eat food. Or else you added water to the system diluting it down. Which one? That's awesome your already keeping track of the ppms/ph everyday. How many lights is the uc 4xl for? I don't know what to tell you for max ppms cause I need to know how many lights you're running. If just 1 1000w lamp than your plants really never get big enough to handle 500 ppm or anywhere near it. More like max out at 200 ppm with the plants eating about 25-50 ppms/day. If your growing trees than they get big enough to handle some more nutes and then they'll really eat food. It seems like a lot of the uc growers around here are at 400-600 range, but sometimes way higher with lots of success.

Everybody has success with highly varying results in rdwc. But I think uc has it right in that air input is the function in the equation of all them. If everyone would post their ppms/ec along with air input in uc it would be much more easily understood.

slimjimham

slimjimham

Maybe I'll try to add a stone to the topoff res of each systems air pump to thin it down even lower. Again, this is crazy to me, because everyone I've ever heard always says the more air the better.

The topoff tanks are sometimes filled with nutrients and sometimes just ro water trying to keep the numbers where they should be, but I think I'm thinking about trying ro only topoff's till I see the ppm drop, then topoff with that number or lower so it still steadily drops.

Does anyone else use topoff tanks with nutrients? Seems most add ro only.... then what add nutrients to system when they get low?

Top Bottom