New dwc grower experiencing pythium in my system?

• Thread starter YBGTA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

YBGTA

It's a few days before week 4 and I seem to be getting this brownish slime on my roots that could only be root rot/pythium I'm like 4 out of 5 buckets I have, I believe it's due to my res temps being around 75F so I've been doing ice bottles the past few days and was wondering during how I could clean this without just dumping the res.I hear hydrogen peroxide food grade is great but I don't know if that's what I have, it's 3% from walgreens I heard bleach can do things as well but I'm not so confident with bleach just yet, my buckets a 5 gal with about 3.75 gal I'm each. I also was wondering is it normal for a size of this plant to flower this early? I feel like it's stunted a bit and behind schedule.

New dwc grower experiencing pythium in my system
New dwc grower experiencing pythium in my system 2
New dwc grower experiencing pythium in my system 3
New dwc grower experiencing pythium in my system 4
New dwc grower experiencing pythium in my system 5
New dwc grower experiencing pythium in my system 6
M

muppet

hydrofluorous acid and/or hydrogen peroxide.
buy yourself a water chiller, the water has to be between 18 degrees(64F) (flowering) and 21 degrees (70F)(veg)

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

switching to rdwc and running a chiller is an option

Something like cleanse from Athena is probably your best bet. It’s just chlorine to keep any bacteria from building up

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

Massage and rinse the brown off.

Choose your method , dead or alive.

Dose according and it should clean up, you will have to keep dosing Dead to keep it gone .

Then alive would be adding a good bacteria ( southern ag fungicide ( one bacteria) hydroguard ( watered down ag) ,
Orca mycorrhizae ( this has 5 plus a few others things in it , same price point as hydroguard)

Then there is Hygroben , this is newer and oh boy does it do a wicked job.
Haven’t seen price on this stuff yet as I’m still running on some test product.

But my experience with it so far is wow this stuff works the best I have seen , did I just bleach my roots.

Enjoy and good luck with your grow.

Y

YBGTA

Massage and rinse the brown off.

Choose your method , dead or alive.

Dose according and it should clean up, you will have to keep dosing Dead to keep it gone .

Then alive would be adding a good bacteria ( southern ag fungicide ( one bacteria) hydroguard ( watered down ag) ,
Orca mycorrhizae ( this has 5 plus a few others things in it , same price point as hydroguard)

Then there is Hygroben , this is newer and oh boy does it do a wicked job.
Haven’t seen price on this stuff yet as I’m still running on some test product.

But my experience with it so far is wow this stuff works the best I have seen , did I just bleach my roots.

Enjoy and good luck with your grow.
Wow I heard alot about mycorhizae and didn't know it was the same as hydrogaurd, I'll try that next time i can get some, thank you.

CowDog

CowDog

No matter what you do, it's only a temporary fix if your res temps remain high

Buy a chiller. Mine's lasted 10 years.
You'll never even have to think about things like hydroguard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom