New Dwc & Tent Set Up Advice Needed

• Thread starter Bashar Assad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bashar Assad

Bashar Assad

Well my first attempt at a top feeding dwc went spectacularly wrong (issues with top feed not working properly, ph issues from light leaks, temp issues, and to top it off seedlings had a nitrogen deficiency and got stunted! 'Jeez my first grow went so well too! Second grow not so much.) So I've decided to revamp my set up and could use some advice. Right now I have three afghan kush ryders in my seedling area and am using the time they take to grow to get my set up nailed down. Anyways this is what ive got going so far, seems to be alright but advice is always wanted......

Grow area
-2'x4'x5' mylar lined tent

Hydroponics
-60L (60cmx40cmx30cm) tote light proofed via black spray paint covered in black duct tape covered in silver duct tape. It has holes for five 5" net baskets and one 5" access port.
Oxygen source
-100 gallon capacity dual outlet air pump w/two 1"x 2" stones
-8lpm dual outlet air pump w/two 1" x 4" stones
Water circulation
-450gph pump
Monitoring
-hanna grochek continuous ph/tds/temp meter

Air circulation
-4" inline exhaust fan w/carbon scrubber
-12" oscillating fan
-8" fan
-5000btu ac intake

Lighting
-6x 105w 5500k 7000 lumen cfl's
-3x 85w 5500k 6000 lumen cfl's
-2x 40w 4100k 2600 lumen cfl's
-3x 55w 2700k 3600 lumen cfl's

Tent monitoring
-digital hygrometer/thermometer
-Analogue thermomter/hygrometer

That's about it for my set up, I'll be running the lights at 18/6 and hand watering till the roots establish themselves in the dwc. Right now with everything running I have a tent temp of 78°F and a RH of 45%. The dwc has a water temp of 63.3°F with 40L of water in it.

So does this set up work? Will I be able to hand water my plants till they establish themselves? My last grow was a drip system and I started watering the plants by hand before switching to drip rings so I'm wondering if a dwc is similar.

Thanks!1

Top Bottom