• Thread starter Red Devil
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Red Devil

hello everyone,
so i have a new ebb & gro 12 pot system & tent arriving soon
have some clones vegging under t40's
several different strains (OG,Pure Kush,Bubba,GDP)
what would be good nutrients to start flowering with?
its my first Hydro system
something fairly easy & not too expensive.
any advise is welcome, as I have a lot to learn!
thanks

Melvan

Melvan

I wouldn't worry about flowering right now. You're going to have enough work to do getting those girls transferred to a brand new hydro grow with a brand new hydro grower.

You need to take tiny little baby steps. Wait until the equipment is delivered, you have it assembled properly, and you've taken a few days to figure out how to regulate your temps, humidity, etc. Get to know the grow space before you put your girls in there or you'll be sorry.

Be sure to set up a grow diary on this grow and pm me a link to it, I enjoy watching people try things for the first time. It's brave to step out of your comfort zone and do something new. Good luck to you. I assume you have experience growing in other mediums?

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Some helpfull tips. Wash your balls. When hydroton is new u need to rinse the shit out of it. Make sure that your buckets drain all the way. My dad diy his system and he had to prop one edge of the buckets up. Start of with a simple nute schedule. I run diff nutes depending on grow media. For example hydro I stay away from organics. I would suggest the Lucas formula.Its cheap, easy and works extremly well. Not sure how much help u need, just ask. Oh yeah f babysteps, leap motthafucka leap.

Melvan

Melvan

Leap right over your poor dead plants. Step around bushes full of buds. That's all I have to say about that.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Heres a leap for ya melvin. My boys first ever grow 1000hps 3 plants 3weeks veg. 1 1/2 pounds of fire. No dead plants just colas the size your arm. Next crop hes gonna leap to 2 1000s and 12 plants. Should I tell him to take baby steps. F no. If u listen to the right people its easy to jump in with the big boys. Growing pot aint that hard. Every one of my friends that grow got to leap in.Thats all I gots to say.
IMAG0560.jpg
bluegun.jpg

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

mittenmedgrow i have to kinda agree kinda. i was told to go small and went to 2k off the back with a 18 pot ebb and grow. the issue is a general rule it's best to recommend to start small because well some people are stupid and will fail. the problem is you cant tell how smart someone is by a post or two when asking what they should run the first time.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

To me 2k doesnt sound small. You can pull a lot of weight with that setup. I just dont see why people think its hard to run a modest setup. Theres enough info here at the farm to make a first grow succesful. If you dont have resources to start bigger I understand that. I just dont want the op to think he cant do it in my opinion any one that does there research should be succesful.

R

Red Devil

Thank you every one for your input.
With the correct information and a little brains anyone can achieve success!
I've grown in soil & perlite, no fans, small bathroom, too hot,hand watering too much trouble!
I have cut & grown my own clones,how much fun is that!
I'm getting a growlabs 4'x4'x7' with an ebb & grow 12pot 55gal res.
can fan 4"123cfm ,25'can filter,
will be running 2 400watt hps on digital lumatech ballasts
I am very new , but am enjoying every minute of it!
when I do put my girls in to flower , I will need to know what to add to the water?
like everyone else I want a great grow at a good price.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I started small with the growers guide a 430wt light 2ft by 2ft closet. No internet no friends to guide me just a book, some high times mags and cannibis canada mags. I was 17 growing in my moms closet. She would bitch about her house smelling like a marijuana factory. If I had my own place and a mentor I would have started with 1 1000wt hps like my friends do. Growing pot isnt that hard if u have proper guidance and start simple. If u can keep one plant alive u should be able to do more. Keep it simple and it will be. People been doin this for many many years. Its not like your trying to build your own rocket and go to the moon.

S

strictlyOG

my first ever was 3 1000's and now i stepped it up to 16k :) this is my second run and and have only days till they are done of only the best OG. little excited but i know i am capable of much more. the funny part is. i grow better than all of my buddies and they have been growing for 10+ years. lol. ps a little tip. i use AN:)

Top Bottom