new england meds

• Thread starter Dr.Infern
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.Infern

Dr.Infern

hey everyone! new farmer here. i'm just really excited to start growing. i've always wanted to, ever since i was a young kid, but never really had the opportunity but im finally getting my own place, bought all of this equipment, did a shit ton of research. i'm ready.
i have a few bag seeds from a batch of mr. nice i got (7) and the eigth came from a bag of super silver sour diesel haze. i really hope the super silver sour diesel haze is female because that bag was super heady. i'm really excited to become part of this community, there seems to be a lot of experienced people who are willing to help. see you around!

Chobble

Chobble

Welcome to the farm :D I advise being careful and watching for any hermies etc in your bag seed! I've gotten some pretty amazing plants from bag seed though so good luck :D.

Chobble

Dr.Infern

Dr.Infern

Welcome to the farm :D I advise being careful and watching for any hermies etc in your bag seed! I've gotten some pretty amazing plants from bag seed though so good luck :D.

thanks chobble, and i definitely agree with you on the organic. i was thinking about doing canna's veganic fertilizer actually but i decided i wanted to mix my own ratios eventually so i made up some of subcool's supersoil to start out with.

Chobble

Chobble

thanks chobble, and i definitely agree with you on the organic. i was thinking about doing canna's veganic fertilizer actually but i decided i wanted to mix my own ratios eventually so i made up some of subcool's supersoil to start out with.

Honestly Veganics is fairly pointless, The same results can be achieved using teas ect. Just mix yourself some good ol' fashion soil and brew some tea up and you'll have them growing like no other in no time!

A few important tips on Subcools Supersoil is that you dont want to do it in to small of a pot, Sub Cool is talking a minimum of 50 gallons! So if thats out of the question you may want to look into a good potting soil mix.

Chobble

Dr.Infern

Dr.Infern

Honestly Veganics is fairly pointless, The same results can be achieved using teas ect. Just mix yourself some good ol' fashion soil and brew some tea up and you'll have them growing like no other in no time!

A few important tips on Subcools Supersoil is that you dont want to do it in to small of a pot, Sub Cool is talking a minimum of 50 gallons! So if thats out of the question you may want to look into a good potting soil mix.

Chobble

actually the pots he suggests to use are 7 gal pots which i could easily fit 4 of in a 4x4 tent. http://www.invalid.com/subcools-old-school-organics/44686-subcools-super-soil.html
veganics just has so much hype it has piqued my curiousity, but ya it's probly a gimmick used to sell ferts. i mixed up 1/3rd of a batch from his recipe which is for 9 cubic feet, i ended up with about 3.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Chobble
true - but my first grow was from bag seed gdp and got 5 of 5 females - nute lock on one but had know idea what it was at the time, just called her my runt plant, all harvested and new from that day on that this was something i really really loved now to one day make it a full time job is my dream..... but always hang ups ....one day i will truely be blessed to do what i am so passionate about for a living..... o and welcome to the farm dr. infern

Chobble

Chobble

true - but my first grow was from bag seed gdp and got 5 of 5 females - nute lock on one but had know idea what it was at the time, just called her my runt plant, all harvested and new from that day on that this was something i really really loved now to one day make it a full time job is my dream..... but always hang ups ....one day i will truely be blessed to do what i am so passionate about for a living..... o and welcome to the farm dr. infern

Like I've said I've gotten some great genetics from bag seed :p

Infern! I advise posting up a grow journal so you can watch your progress, It really does help quite a bit. I always have some sort of log of my grows. It helps you learn from mistakes, and perfect methods.

actually the pots he suggests to use are 7 gal pots which i could easily fit 4 of in a 4x4 tent.
veganics just has so much hype it has piqued my curiousity, but ya it's probly a gimmick used to sell ferts. i mixed up 1/3rd of a batch from his recipe which is for 9 cubic feet, i ended up with about 3.

Do some more reading, The key with the super soil though is to make sure the plant hits the hottest soil by the time its old enough. For example if your growing SSDH, Its a bigger sativa with a nice big ol root system. It'll hit that stuff quickly and burn like no other :( The Mr. Nice on the other hand will eat everything in its way.

My friend (Also a manager at a local hydro store) Ran Veganics. Side by side comparison, Same Room, Same Cuts and it was about the same with his normal organic practices. A good bioherd creates the expensive already processed fertilizer your buying.

Chobble

Dr.Infern

Dr.Infern

A good bioherd creates the expensive already processed fertilizer your buying.

Chobble
I want to do some aerobic microbe tea from some compost i have out back... need to get a fish tank bubbler

edit: p.s. thanks for the tip, maybe i will dilute the super soil or just use less for the sssdh. and my friend gave me a bunch of bag seeds from heady strains he's had as well so maybe i will just try my luck with those! mr nice is pretty good though anyway maybe i get some nice females

Chobble

Chobble

I want to do some aerobic microbe tea from some compost i have out back... need to get a fish tank bubbler

edit: p.s. thanks for the tip, maybe i will dilute the super soil or just use less for the sssdh. and my friend gave me a bunch of bag seeds from heady strains he's had as well so maybe i will just try my luck with those! mr nice is pretty good though anyway maybe i get some nice females

A worm bin is what I did, I just filled a 5 gallon bucket half way with compost, Tossed worms In I found in the garden and slowly fed them different things they like (Look it up) even my trimmings from the plants!

Sustainability is every farmers goal :P You can do it too. Just keep em nice and moist in the bucket and use the worm castings for some mean tea!

P

plant-lover68

Several years ago a bro gave me some white russian that he had grown and it had some seeds and everyone of them was a female. How this happened neither he or myself knew, but sadly I lost the whole crop to newbie mistakes. Good luck with your grow.

S

Santi

Hey Dr.
You said it perfectly in your top post. This is something I have been wanting to do since I was a kid. I fooled around with some outdoor schwag seeds when I was 15 and 16 just from reading HT and did ok. I too am ready to put my dreams into action but am still so overwhelmed on which method to choose from. I look forward to learning from you and others. Thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom