New EYE Hortilux Ballast

• Thread starter MissyGreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Big J. Money

Big J. Money

I don't really care how respected he is. Does he not know how to read? This thread is for the purpose of Hortilux ballasts. I'm sure you can find a thousand plus thread arguing mag versus digital. Take that shit somewhere else.

Big J. Money

Big J. Money

Goto hortilux's site and you will find that same article posted. And everywhere else. Of course I've read it. Whats your point? You think you know something I don't. Lets hear it.

dextr0

dextr0

I already laid out all my thoughts in previous posts crazy. No more coffee before posting...it makes u too hyper.

Big J. Money

Big J. Money

Lol. Its cool bro. Just want to see more posts pertaining to the ballast is all. I should have mine tomorrow. I'll keep yall posted.

OGONLY

OGONLY

Easy Big Money. You made your point already. Why don't you show some respect kid? Damn kids these days... And I'm not referring to your age big shot. You just come across as a disrespectful teenager that's all.

Big J. Money

Big J. Money

Show me were I disrespected anyone? You have info on Hortilux ballasts? I'm assuming since you posted that you know what the discussion is about....

Big J. Money

Big J. Money

Wow. So far yall called me crazy, a kid, a disrespectful teenager and say I got an attitude. :D
Thanks for derailing the thread. Back to Hortilux ballasts....

Big J. Money

Big J. Money

It came in today. Didn't get a chance to fire it up yet, tomorrow for sure.
GEDC0168
GEDC0169
GEDC0171
GEDC0172

ttystikk

ttystikk

Wow. So far yall called me crazy, a kid, a disrespectful teenager and say I got an attitude. :D
Thanks for derailing the thread. Back to Hortilux ballasts....

Okay, I didn't call you anything, let alone any of these- and everyone has a right to their opinion. It IS thread related if I say I am skeptical. And I am, especially for that kind of money- and I'm not alone.

Perhaps you missed the part where I gave YOU respect by saying I am interested in seeing your full report on this ballast? If I didn't respect you, I wouldn't give a shit about anything you have to say.

In the spirit of open debate, you gotta understand that disagreeing with your position is not at all the same as disrespecting you, telling you that your opinions are worthless, or calling you names. No need to get defensive, bro- and if what I said came across personal, please accept my apology, no disrespect meant. I'm just a straight up blunt and to the point kind o' guy.

I could do with a good cup o' joe right about now...

ttystikk

ttystikk

So I stopped by my fav. hydro store today and got a closer look at the Gavita double ended HPS setup. Price is steep, about $575 or so, but you do get bulb, reflector and magnetic (but sadly not remote) ballast for that money. They're also tops in the lumens per watt race.

As far as I could tell, Gavita's bulbs are proprietary and they run $169.00 each. Here's the kicker though; the lumen depreciation over the first year is just under 10%. Whoa... that means this bulb will not only outperform all single ended HPS bulbs currently on the market, but it outlasts them by twice. Right there, this rig saves you sizeable coin on replacements, and I'm a big fan of less maintenance and parts replacement.

I've used Hortilux bulbs before and they were fine. I have no experience with their ballast- and I'm waiting for people's reviews here and elsewhere to tell me how they like them.

On the other hand, if another manufacturer has proven technology that's clearly better for the same price point, it's going to be hard to justify sticking with Horti just for their name. And Gavita is highly respected in the industry in their own right...

P

psilo

So I stopped by my fav. hydro store today and got a closer look at the Gavita double ended HPS setup. Price is steep, about $575 or so, but you do get bulb, reflector and magnetic (but sadly not remote) ballast for that money. They're also tops in the lumens per watt race.

As far as I could tell, Gavita's bulbs are proprietary and they run $169.00 each. Here's the kicker though; the lumen depreciation over the first year is just under 10%. Whoa... that means this bulb will not only outperform all single ended HPS bulbs currently on the market, but it outlasts them by twice. Right there, this rig saves you sizeable coin on replacements, and I'm a big fan of less maintenance and parts replacement.

I've used Hortilux bulbs before and they were fine. I have no experience with their ballast- and I'm waiting for people's reviews here and elsewhere to tell me how they like them.

On the other hand, if another manufacturer has proven technology that's clearly better for the same price point, it's going to be hard to justify sticking with Horti just for their name. And Gavita is highly respected in the industry in their own right...

Gavitas' ballast is digital not magnetic and if I'm not mistaken I believe it is available with a remote ballast option.
The double ended bulbs are made by Philips not Gavita.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Gavitas' ballast is digital not magnetic and if I'm not mistaken I believe it is available with a remote ballast option.
The double ended bulbs are made by Philips not Gavita.

As ever, I appreciate it when corrected. This should remind me once again not to listen to some kid at a hydro store without checking his facts.

Even so, this appears to remain a better solution for similar money than the Hortilux.

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

i say screw the hortilux ballast i'd rather buy 2 lumateks or solis teks for that price, i say screw their over priced bulbs too, i'm not saying theri bulbs suck just that you can get cheaper bulbs that are damn close

ttystikk

ttystikk

Lol. Its cool bro. Just want to see more posts pertaining to the ballast is all. I should have mine tomorrow. I'll keep yall posted.

So, do you have any initial impressions you'd like to share based on your experience with the Hortilux so far?

Big J. Money

Big J. Money

Sorry guys, been sluffing on hooking it up. Have to wait to cut these ladies I got goin now in the next few days. Then I will replace my Phantom 600w with this Hortilux 1K ballast in my flower tent. Gonna use the 600w in my veg tent instead and use my LED to supplement my flowers from underneath. Had to tap into my base board heaters to gain an extra 20amps in my room. Stoked!

Top Bottom