Awaiting Feedback New farm 7-26

• Thread starter sox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sox

sox

Not a fan at all, whats up with the forums? before you could see who posted what last, now just a forum name. And all stacked on top of each other....is it just safari that sucks or what?
Sorry to bitch...
The auction thing is fuckin awesome though!!
-Sox

T

TECK

We are trying the 2 columns because a lot of people complained about the scrolling.
Honestly, I agree. I used to scroll forever on the frontpage to get to a forum and I don't think anyone was reading that last post showing there. Not to mention it was cached info for 10 min so it would not reflect the actual latest post. :)

For kicks, try the Fixed Width style... it looks really neat on 2 columns.
Let me know your thoughts on that, guys (and girls). We are here to help.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
hey sox this is how the old thcfarmer was, we just had not got around to doing it since the upgrade.

sox

sox

sweeeeet, im new around here...just throwin in my 2c....thanks for all the work on the site, id be bored as shit w/out ya'll

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
I think it should be put back. I like to see who posted last. Its nice to know what threads are updated. Not to mention when you post about a new drop its easier to see. ;)

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
I think it should be put back. I like to see who posted last. Its nice to know what threads are updated. Not to mention when you post about a new drop its easier to see. ;)
If you want to see the new posts simply hit the new posts button in the navbar at the top of the forums. Or just visit the forum of your choice.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
I do like the Whats New button. I dont have 2 collums though. only the forum categories on the left and nothing on the right where the latest post used to be. The page just feels a little empty.
I'm with Sox and really appreciate all the hard work u guys are putting in. My favorite site since CC back in the day!:)

Chobble

Chobble

If you want to see the new posts simply hit the new posts button in the navbar at the top of the forums. Or just visit the forum of your choice.

Yes but the nice thing about seeing what was going on in each area so I could just scroll down and something would catch my attention. I really would like to urge the site staff to change it back. I dont see how its better honestly. There wasn't that much scrolling >.>

Chobble

T

TECK

The 2 columns will stay, no matter what... that how the farm was set before, as logic said. I will work on a mod that will display the last post, only if the width allows it. So if you use the fixed width, last posts will not show. If you use the fluid width and your screen is wide enough to fit the last posts, it will show.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Hey Teck, I only see one column on the left as i already stated. Now im using internet explorer so maybe thats why? IDK because Im just the average pc user. And I also dont know how to change the width. Fixed Fluid Im getting confused:confused:

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Ok I have Google Chrome. Much nicer:)

T

TECK

Looks OK to me in IE9:

IMG 30072012 012435

Scroll at the bottom of the page, lower left corner: Default Style <-- click on that.

B

booms

I dont like recent update of site either. I liked to be able to see the last post on each topic, it would draw me into them. Just doesnt feel as inviting....

T

TECK

I dont like recent update of site either. I liked to be able to see the last post on each topic, it would draw me into them. Just doesnt feel as inviting....
I hear you man, I don't like also that is not me the guy who dates this girl:

Angelina jolie

Maybe one day our wishes will come true... maybe. :)

Chobble

Chobble

The 2 columns will stay, no matter what... that how the farm was set before, as logic said. I will work on a mod that will display the last post, only if the width allows it. So if you use the fixed width, last posts will not show. If you use the fluid width and your screen is wide enough to fit the last posts, it will show.

Hey Teck is there a way for you to make it so you can add a skin to the skin's options that was like the previous one?

Chobble

Top Bottom